Sign in to follow this  
k0rd

Please fix side voicechat?

Its been unusable for a few stable iterations now. It is just strange that some channels work but side is hosed.

I imagine there is already a ticket but I didn't check.

On a KOTH server 105 slots, at low population Global and Side Chat are not lagging.

Full Population, Global chat is like 10 times lagging. Side starts lagging 1 or 2 times.

So I think it's not so bad at the moment, sounds like the server "is optimizing" for the most useful and less user number chat : Group and Direct

lagging isn't always the games fault. If the ISP is under high load (or had an equipment failure that just so happened to have no backup ready to go), or the datacenter where the server is located is getting slammed with tons of data, this can cause lagging to occur with VoIP specifically because some packets get through and the rest don't show up in time to be played in order (game does no error checking because it uses UDP for speed, some might get lost along the way as well).

From my bit of knowledge of networking if the game actually used the port that was designated for VoIP it might help a bit since it isn't trying to jam all the information for the other players on the server, scripts,etc, as well as Voip through a single port, splitting it off into its own should reduce congestion of the network since those packets will probably route through a different path than the other information.