Sign in to follow this  
epicgoldenwarrior

Win if Sector is Held for # min

I'd simply like to figure out how to make a side win by having them hold a sector for a certain amount of time [ex. 8 minutes]

Any help is appreciated.

Thx

How do you want the players to win zone, have more #'s? or just be only ones alive in zone? I would start with a trigger and event command covering area of zone, but not sure how you want them to "win" zone. The time issue may be just using a countdown or timeout on the trigger too. BUT what defines the win? #'s?

I have it set up as basic sector control gamemode atm

I want it to end if say, blufor has held the zone for 5 minutes.

So, I assume its a little different than standard sector control...right?

I have it set up as basic sector control gamemode atm

I want it to end if say, blufor has held the zone for 5 minutes.

So, I assume its a little different than standard sector control...right?

no, I would just use trigger radius of zone, blufor present, once and use timeout counter for however many minutes, you can use hint in activation that "blufor held zone" or something, but I presume you want the timer to restart if blufor gets killed while in zone or basically loses zone, so not sure but may be change once to repeatedly but not 100%. But that may also need some code for condition which is above my pay grade, BUT there is code in google space made for this stuff already, I forget what its exactly.

So only blufor allowed in zone? what if opfor or resistance in zone too? you may need more than 1 trigger over zone

I would probably use timeout.

Timeout - The trigger's conditions must be satisfied for the entirety of specified amount of time for the trigger to activate. For example, if a soldier walks into a <side> Present type trigger but leaves the area before the timeout is complete, the trigger will not activate.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor:_Triggers#Countdown.2FTimeout_Counters

Edited by JAndrews1

Rydygier's HAL has code that does something very similar to what you want: the mission-maker sets a marker, a boss attacks it & if the attacker meets mission-maker defined criteria (# of Blufor & # of OPFOR units in the zone, size of zone, & length of time attacker meets the other conditions) then that objective is deemed to have been captured. The other side can still recapture; mission-maker can preset the size of garrison forces to defend captured objectives.

Ryd is very open & helpful, I doubt he would have any objections if you asked to lift some scripts.

couldnt I do w/ trigger

_x something blufor

with timeout (and, I know the difference b/t timeout & countdown, thx anyway :P)