Sign in to follow this  
FidelKGB

Usefull vehlices

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Red Oct said:

yea instead of cars, maybe somebody should start making 18 wheelers   than make a interstate highway... and a truck stop  

<span id='postcolor'>

LoL dunno if I "quoted" right but now we gettin sumwhere!

Why not just invent Quality control on Sites? I am sick of seeing poorly done Units of any kind. Cars, Fixed wing, Rotar wing, tracks, Uniforms (units), weapons and the like. Somoene should make a site that is Grade B+ and above stuff. Non of this Bright smooth texture stuff. Just Pure goodness.

Nice idea, but who does the judging? The webmasters of the site, general vote, or a jury of their peers (addon makers)?

Personally Mehanic did a great job with his addons, considering, he like all other addon makers had to learn how to use Oxygen, do texturising, etc. So rather than give addon creators a hard time, be supportive and give positive feedback.

There is a heap of weaponery, military vehicles, and aircraft being made, so you guys who don't create addons create a list of things that you think would add to the game. Then perhaps someone out there will take your idea and create them for everyone to play with.

I totaly agree with this thread. Im not knocking Mechanics modding abilty, they are very good models, but they are next to useless in most OFP missions. Vehicles like pickups or 4x4's maybe, but sports cars no. OFP is a miltary sim, it needs Taticals and beat up Land Rovers, admitidly the odd car addon could be useful, but i dont really see the point in making mods that add no new ideas or possiblities for missions, its simply modding for the sake of it. Ive had a simular problem with some of the Jet addons, although very good, the OFP map doesnt really work for supersonic aircraft due to its engine, though useable perhaps as plot devices I think fast jets are somewhat impractical, in the infantry based form missions take its planes such as the C130 (great for para drops) or Bronco that are far more pratical. When I left the addon scene 6 months ago to work on Ghost Recon it was the lack of thought that went into many addons that made me leave, and now ive decided to start addon making again for OFP im still a little dissapointed at the lack of true innovation, there a some good exceptions, the Little Birds and Zodiac's for instance, and the recent pics of the new Landing Ship looked very promising, but still there has only been one HMMVV with gun addon, and what about 5 tonners with gun mounts?, or a decent fully modded MH60 or MH53 (im working on an MH pack right now), i think this problem stems from the fact a lot of addons coming out are actully adaptations of FS2002 or Need For Speed models, as so really arent suited to OFP.

Well, I think the guys making the Grand Theft Auto OFP mod (GT:OFP) might disagree with the uselessness of new cars for OFP... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 14 2002,14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I think the guys making the Grand Theft Auto OFP mod (GT:OFP) might disagree with the uselessness of new cars for OFP... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

btw: does anyone know what happend to that GTO mod or how they call themselves.... i havend heard about it for quite long time...does it still exist or did they give up?

Well, I was doing a few odd things now that I got my hands on O2,

but I guess bulldozers,road graders, and the occasional armored recovery vehicle is just beyond the average "dewd" who thinks militaries consist of 1,500 snipers and a general.

Fine, keep 'em for myself, you want one?

MAKE YOUR OWN!

people have no appreciation. mad.gif