Sign in to follow this  
vald0069

General questions about modelling jets or planes.

1: I can't seem to find any samples of an un-binarized plane for Arma 3 to get an idea of how the lods and named selections should be made, am i not looking the right places?

2: I've been running into some problems with exporting models from blender using the Arma toolbox for blender, I've even imported a working model into blender and then re-exported it into p3d and it didn't work from there, is this a common problem?

3: Do i need bones in my model for eg ailerons to work or do i just need the memory points and are they defined in the model.cfg or does the game read them from their named selections?

4: Will the geometry weight affect the plane's ability to fly in any way (i changed the geometry wright from 9000 to 4000 on a model and there wasn't a big change)?

I've got some static models in game and got them flying, but that's all.

It seems to me that there isn't that much documentation on modelling for Arma 3 especially planes, if there is please do show me.

Thank you for your time, I've been struggling with this for quite a while.:)

Edited by vald0069

Inside A3 tools is the a3 sample plane, showing example. Also can check a2 sample planes. As far as blender you need to be more specific on your export methods/settings, etc

Thank you a lot for the answer.

Edited by vald0069