Sign in to follow this  
fildred13

How to show high command icons to all players?

I am looking for a way to display all friendly groups to all the players on a mission. Imagine that the high command display on the map was active for all players at all times - they would see all friendly groups marked with the military icon boxes for infantry, tracked, wheeled, helicopter, etc.

I have been scouring the internet for a good 2 hours now trying to find a script or addon that achieves this, but all I've been able to find are scripts that mark every single friendly unit, instead of every friendly group.

Does anyone know of a script or addon that achieves this?

On a related note, when friendly AI engage with the enemy, they don't communicate their encounter to the players. Again, something like the high command module where approximate enemy locations are displayed with the red icon boxes would be a nice feature, simulating the AI groups communicating with the players where they are engaging with enemies.

Any scripts or addons for that?

You could maybe try syncing a HC (high command) module to all playable units in the editor, set group icons to display and then remove all groups from their control?

init.sqf

waitUntil { time > 0 };
{
	if ( isPlayer _x ) then {
			hcRemoveAllGroups _x;
			setGroupIconsVisible [ true,  true];
	};
}forEach allUnits;

This will also include showing icons for any hostiles any group come across from a quick test in the SP editor.

Not 100% sure this would work ok in MP but worth a try rather than having your own mission event polling groups and adding icons, which would be the next thing to do.

This is so close to being perfect. In SP, it is perfect. The player can see all high command icons, but he can't give any orders - perfect.

In MP, all the players can see all friendly icons, and when enemies are spotted they can see the enemy icons. But for some strange reason ALL the icons are colored teal, instead of Navy blue for BLUFOR and dark red for OPFOR. Any idea why the color of the icons would change when in MP?