Sign in to follow this  
crabs

how to set arma 3 to use all 8 cores?

how to set arma 3 to use all 8 cores? I have AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor. how to set arma 3 to use all 8 cores? and will it affect my cpu?

In the launch parameters -cpuCount=8 or if you like to use the Arma's own launcher that I recommend you can find that same thing there. Arma likely sets up that by itself already so you won't see any increase anywhere.

In the launch parameters -cpuCount=8 or if you like to use the Arma's own launcher that I recommend you can find that same thing there. Arma likely sets up that by itself already so you won't see any increase anywhere.

so for and amd fx-8350 8 core processor I put -cpuCount=8? and is there anything else I need to know?

Edited by user8

If your using Win7 then you need to install hot fix patches from microsoft. The design of amd 6/8 cores resulted in them being parked even when threads were assigned. Microsoft claims an avg 10% performance boost when it comes to games. If your using Win8 the issue was resolved and ignore this post

Both patch DLs and install instructions on this site

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/158534/new-windows-7-bulldozer-patches-available.html

I would make sure all your CPUs are unparked.

is it dangerous to unpark your cores? is there anything wrong at all to unpark your cores?