Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

I Almost Purchased The DLC..... Then The USB Fault Reared Its Ugly Head :/

Don't ask me how, but my FPS has recently surged from 20FPS right up to 80+. Nothing has changed with my setup whatsoever - same hardware, software, server, mission etc. With a new found confidence in BIS I decided to support them by purchasing the DLC knowing that the purchase will be an investment into the series. Before making the purchase I managed to repair my beloved Saitek wireless Cyborg by replacing the PCB that had a blown resister. Flight pedals and joystick worked a treat and I configured them to liking. But just when I was ready to finally redeem myself and purchase the DLC both my joystick and flight pedal setup disappeared in-game. They're both there in Windows config, just not in-game. A restart is required for Arma to recognise them, but they randomly disappear in-game.

Apparently this problem is common and there's no know fix. I so want to support this game but how can I when there's so many issues that have been so detrimental to gameplay. Should I still purchase the DLC with hope that this issue will be resolved? Having no ability other than using the keyboard to fly DLC kind of defeats the object of buying their DLC!

Why has this USB disconnect issue been going on for so long? People have reported no problems until updates or download the DLC. Can we really blame Microsoft for this issue when Windows recognises the USB controllers but Arma does not?

What operating system are you running? What stick do you have? My friend has this issue but I don't, nobody (including BI) knows what causes it. I'm running Win7 Ultimate with a Thrustmaster Warthog & CH Pedals and I've never had this happen. He runs Win8.1 with Saitek x55 and it happens all the time. I feel sorry for the devs, because it's obviously a very elusive problem. Does it randomly disappear even when you don't open the controls interface?

As Jackal326 correctly pointed out, please use the feedback tracker too check the status of your problem.

Additionally, please search before posting and use descriptive thread titles.

Since we already have a thread on this possible bug, I'll have to close this thread and direct you to the existing one linked earlier here.

Thank you for your understanding!