Sign in to follow this  
HitmanTwoActual

NCC-1701 Starship Enterprise

Hello, this is my first post concerning anything coming from me.... so wish me luck with the wording!

I am a student, and I am declaring my majors in the engineering field. My school graciously provided us with the latest version of Solidworks 2014-2015. We normally use it to create parts and 3D print them for our robotics team, but sometimes we have some down time and can make what we like. Now I have no clue if this program will work with the ArmA 3 game engine, but a buddy of mine and I got together and decided to make something pretty cool. We figured why not make the Starship Enterprise and see where it takes us. The original plan was to make 3D models of it and show it off, or as a project to show as a portfolio. So I present to you two renders that I finished today:

http://imgur.com/YcCF4c6

http://imgur.com/i7x4m1H

Not everything on it is down to detail, but I think it's pretty solid considering... well considering we are students and we we're going off of a paper blueprint for measurements. The main fuselage is basically down to the exact thing, but the side engines are lacking features. I have little experience with Java code, and that little experience is a starters class they offer at my school. I am posting this to hopefully get some peoples attention, I know there was someone who made a Star Trek mod. I am not asking for people to just help me with all the coding and textures, but if someone is really interested, I would be more than happy to team up, and even expand on the model in the future.

Probably my first question to the community, is it even possible to get this in game? I know Solidworks as a engineering program, so I am a little hesitant.

If anyone would like extra angles, let me know and I will whip my computer into rendering mode.

Depends on how many polys/verts (there's a hard limit somewhere), and I'm not sure how readily one can get an object from Solidworks to Blender (where community member Alwarren made a toolbox for Arma purposes) much less to the official Arma 3D modeling program Object Builder... but it should be possible. Inquire with the modeling channel on Skype for details!

Depends on how many polys/verts (there's a hard limit somewhere), and I'm not sure how readily one can get an object from Solidworks to Blender (where community member Alwarren made a toolbox for Arma purposes) much less to the official Arma 3D modeling program Object Builder... but it should be possible. Inquire with the modeling channel on Skype for details!

Thanks a ton! I'll have to get on the skype when I have a chance. Hopefully we can sort out some of the concerns and get this in Object Builder at least!

Just realized some problems with spelling on the top of the ship... I'll try to get that sorted out tomorrow or Sunday.

Edited by HitmanTwoActual