Sign in to follow this  
xUKz revenge

Setting up Geometry / LODs

So I'm currently making a house and I've got to the stage of making LODs to make it so the house is physical and can't be walked through. However I can't find any tutorials on how to set it up. Could anyone give me any advice / links because I've searched for hours on end with no luck (probably because I'm searching for the wrong thing)

On another note, I've made the floors on the second level using lines then converting them into editable polys while also mirroring them so the floor is view-able from both sides (bottom and top) in 3ds max it shows fine however when I load it up into object builder some of the floors are out of place. https://i.gyazo.com/06e28e5bdb62aaf68e78b609953c80c6.png

The left picture is what it looks like in OB as you can see the floor overlaps the building on the right it shows what it looks like in 3ds max and doesn't overlap (the bit that shows in 3ds is the above part of the house)

A picture of the house :)

http://i.imgur.com/44MAB1U.png

Any help is greatly appreciated

Open the sample house in Samples_F. That will give you a good start on what to include. I used it as a template for my first few buildings and found it really helpful. One quick note, for shadow lods, import your simple geom, press E and remove any textures or shaders, then triangulate it through the upper menu, then press U.

regarding the issues with your slabs: select all your objects in your max scene - right click - object properties - general tab - tick backface cull. It will be easier to tell which side your faces normals are pointing.

Besides, make sure your sort out your smoothing groups...