Sign in to follow this  
Keyes

Blank Mod in Expansions list

I havent played arma 3 for a few weeks. I saw it had a new patch and I loaded it up. while configuring my settings, I came across the expansions section and saw a blank entry. It had the black circle to the left which could be ticked by enabling it. Clicking website on it did nothing.

Is this because of the latest patch? I am 99% sure my game is unmodified.

Does hovering your mouse over the blank name entry show any information? Sometimes it shows the mod-folder name (it may simply be an extra mod folder used by one of the DLCs or some-such).

Completely blank, no tool tip. I just want to check that this is a common anomaly. I haven't installed amy mods of Workshop items.

Well, I run quite a few different mods and do not have this issue. Likewise it doesn't appear to be vanilla behaviour as a few friends I've spoken to do not have this issue. Chances are you have a random folder in your main ArmA3 directory that has a pbo in it.. Have a look through your ArmA3 main directory for any folders starting with an '@' symbol, and also any folders that look like they don't belong. For reference the folders that should be in there are:

Addons

Battleye

Bonus (has pre-order stuff like the large Altis map and soundtrack, disregard if you didn't buy at the Alpha/BETA stage)

Curator

Dll

Dta

Heli (the DLC folder, may still be there if you didn't buy the DLC)

Kart (as above)

Keys

Launcher

Missions

MPMissions

userconfig (addon dependant, check this for PBOs though)

Users

Also, the reason the folder may be blank is because you (somehow) have a pbo file in the main ArmA3 directory.

My arma 3 folder has 652 files, no pbo file in the root directory.

I have not users or userconfig folder, and I have _CommonRedist folder (has the games directx and dotnet installers)

178 pbo files altogether.

Edited by Keyes

Ah yes, I missed _CommonRedist, I mistook it for a mod folder and ignored it.

I just did a rough count up of PBOs and got it to 178 in official folders too (155 in Addons folder, 6 in Curator, 3 in DTA and 14 in Kart - for those interested, the 'Heli' DLC folder uses encrypted .ebo files and as such aren't counted as PBOs).

I'm not entirely sure what could be causing this then. If its not causing any issues (aside from looking annoying) I'd say just leave it, wouldn't want to risk messing anything up. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Youve been great help so far. I was able to chat with some people in the arma community hub over on steam, and it seems to be a common issue there, both modded and vanilla. I like to keep my arma files (both2/3) clean and I dont to reinstall them, so I presume it is the new Patch causing it since I have no Modifications.

Perhaps it is, though its strange that some people have it and some people do not. But then again that's ArmA in a nutshell.

Maybe BIS should create a delete button in the expansion list? It would allow us to fix the issue itself and if we wanted to remove mods, the function would just delete the @mod folder.