Sign in to follow this  
wolfsharps

Sound mod still hearable after deletion.

Hay everyone, i recently am trying to transfer from JSRS to JSRS: dragonfyre....HOWEVER, When i go ingame, even with waiting i still have the same gunfire sounds from JSRS original. I have tried re-install, validation, and look in ALL 182 of my mod folders but haven't found anything that needs JSRS or uses its in game files. All i can think of is maybe creating a new mod folder in six and working at it from there, but that seems like a pain to work at 182 mods again. I used to have this problem from before as well, when trying to transition from speed of sound to JSRS 2.2, but eventually JSRS 2.2 worked. I cant exactly change load orders do to a multitude of reasons.

1: i have a windows 8 which has auto sorting:mad:

2: All my mods are on six updater which prevents me from manually changing load order. If i added all the mods again they just go into abc order (due to windows 8):mad:

3: If i try to use the -mod function i have too many mods for both command-lines (steam and six) and if i use six updater's -mod setting then it creates a 2nd -mod which is at the bottom of the list thus rendering load order almost impossible. This is seemingly unchangeable

Heres an example of 3:

Preset auto-load order (in six updater):

"-mod=@A3MP;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh;@Cha_PKP;@cha_ak;@cha_mi8;@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@evw;@rds;@CAF_AG;@RDS_StaticW_CAG;@Mediterranean_Operations_nato;@Mediterranean_Operations_mass;@Mediterranean_Operations_sco;@asta_pakol;@camofaces;@agm;@av_mods;@bzly_UIcorrections;@russiancamo;@tryk;@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons;@massifix;@tec_csat;@SP_Pack;@alt_pack;@TFA;@US_Pack;@femal3;@avers_us4ces;@mco_rs;@rus_spet_a3;@USMC_A3;@mas_usa_devg;@niko_usa;@sud_russians;@53rduniforms;@ATACS;@dam;@project_ares;@Rangers_a3;@mlcp;@dar_acu;@AAF_Desert;@DELTA;@slts_urbanmarine;@idzgladius;@DanskeUniformer;@FA_Maritime;@namalsk;@natoreplacement;@Cha_Rus;@Drift_NoFatigue;@fsf_varkgard;@mithril;@KaluKhan;@alicepack;@l3_gpnvg18;@CJTF_IRnoHelmA3;@nome_winter;@tmr;@reduce_recoil;@Remove_Fatigue;@prpl_famas;@Remove_sway;@ASDG_JR;@hlcmods_ak;@hlcmods_M60E4;@hlcmods_core;@sfp;@L_ExShake;@hlcmods_fal;@hlcmods_g3;@hlc_ar15;@hlcmods_m14;@DAR_HMMWV;@ARC_FRUP;@ARC_GERUP;@ARC_PLUP;@ARC_CP;@ARC_UKUP;@ARC_US_UP;@ARC_USMC_UP;@ARC_USN_UP;@spec4_gear;@FIGHT_Equip;@va;@rh_pistol_a3;@rh_pdw_a3;@unlocked_uniforms;@sfp_asdg;@masada_a3;@mikes_aresshrike;@leanleft;@BlastCore_A3;@VTS_WeaponResting;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rds_ag_comp;@FFIS;@AISS;@drifters_kryptek_units;@FUTARM;@OVRMIKE;@tar21camo;@status_hud;@L_NV;@vaultMod;@er_rfb;@vtn_a3;@hlc_wp_mp5;@sma;@SHM_Armament;@tokarev_svt40pack;@mikes_marksman_rifles;@IanSky_Scope_Mod;@mikes_sniperpack;@FHQ_Accessories;@A3_FreeAim_Fix;@soc;@SHAPE_insigna;@asdg_jm;@HRP;@outlw_moduload;@outlw_magrepack;@a3_bearb_ch;@HiddenIdentityPack;@ryd_artemis;@bornholm;@helo_hmds_kimi;@gorka_uniforms;Heli;Kart;Curator;@Trixie_Backpacks;@ASCZ Post-process Effects;@Specter Armaments;@RH_M4_A3;@fhq_m4_a3;@WarfareThaiEXTAF;@CAF_AG_AudioPatch;@r3f_armes;@r3f_uniformes;@ASDG_Attachments;@DMweapons;@U100;@asdg_jrcompatibility_rh_m4-ianskys_scopes;@4gp;@CLF_Mods;@xla_fixedarsenal;@rpr_tgsd;@rhs_afrusaf;@pa_dissenters;@voodoo_pack;@sfp_aggressors;@STKR_BI;@Russian_army_ZARYA;@TPW_MODS;@thomson;@Blastcore-Tracers;@L_Twitch;@ryd_incognito;@t1_assets;@rhs_merge_ru;@cup;@CNP;@Max_POLICEMOD;@Irish_Insurgents;@EURUS_OPFOR;@sgw_ukraine;@RYD_HAL;@l_armfatigue;@das;@tsg;@marine_corps_ukraine;@iam_gurkha;@mef;@ASR_AI3;@1strb_units;@uscm;@srcw_mod;@crimean;@Mediterranean_Operations;@LoDr;@jsrs3;@chernaruswinter;@l_suppress;@dpcu_jctf;@ATA_XM25;@outfit_gear;@asdg_jr_rhs035;@hlcmods_jsrs;@tao_noclosuresounds"

Then this appears after all of the above if i try to use Six up's manual -mod setting:confused::

"-mod=@cba_a3;@jsrs3;@va; @tpw_mods"

Which turns into this huge pile of.....text that looks like this. (prepare for a huge wall of Six updater and command line stuff.)

"-mod=@A3MP;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh;@Cha_PKP;@cha_ak;@cha_mi8;@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@evw;@rds;@CAF_AG;@RDS_StaticW_CAG;@Mediterranean_Operations_nato;@Mediterranean_Operations_mass;@Mediterranean_Operations_sco;@asta_pakol;@camofaces;@agm;@av_mods;@bzly_UIcorrections;@russiancamo;@tryk;@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons;@massifix;@tec_csat;@SP_Pack;@alt_pack;@TFA;@US_Pack;@femal3;@avers_us4ces;@mco_rs;@rus_spet_a3;@USMC_A3;@mas_usa_devg;@niko_usa;@sud_russians;@53rduniforms;@ATACS;@dam;@project_ares;@Rangers_a3;@mlcp;@dar_acu;@AAF_Desert;@DELTA;@slts_urbanmarine;@idzgladius;@DanskeUniformer;@FA_Maritime;@namalsk;@natoreplacement;@Cha_Rus;@Drift_NoFatigue;@fsf_varkgard;@mithril;@KaluKhan;@alicepack;@l3_gpnvg18;@CJTF_IRnoHelmA3;@nome_winter;@tmr;@reduce_recoil;@Remove_Fatigue;@prpl_famas;@Remove_sway;@ASDG_JR;@hlcmods_ak;@hlcmods_M60E4;@hlcmods_core;@sfp;@L_ExShake;@hlcmods_fal;@hlcmods_g3;@hlc_ar15;@hlcmods_m14;@DAR_HMMWV;@ARC_FRUP;@ARC_GERUP;@ARC_PLUP;@ARC_CP;@ARC_UKUP;@ARC_US_UP;@ARC_USMC_UP;@ARC_USN_UP;@spec4_gear;@FIGHT_Equip;@va;@rh_pistol_a3;@rh_pdw_a3;@unlocked_uniforms;@sfp_asdg;@masada_a3;@mikes_aresshrike;@leanleft;@BlastCore_A3;@VTS_WeaponResting;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rds_ag_comp;@FFIS;@AISS;@drifters_kryptek_units;@FUTARM;@OVRMIKE;@tar21camo;@status_hud;@L_NV;@vaultMod;@er_rfb;@vtn_a3;@hlc_wp_mp5;@sma;@SHM_Armament;@tokarev_svt40pack;@mikes_marksman_rifles;@IanSky_Scope_Mod;@mikes_sniperpack;@FHQ_Accessories;@A3_FreeAim_Fix;@soc;@SHAPE_insigna;@asdg_jm;@HRP;@outlw_moduload;@outlw_magrepack;@a3_bearb_ch;@HiddenIdentityPack;@ryd_artemis;@bornholm;@helo_hmds_kimi;@gorka_uniforms;Heli;Kart;Curator;@Trixie_Backpacks;@ASCZ Post-process Effects;@Specter Armaments;@RH_M4_A3;@fhq_m4_a3;@WarfareThaiEXTAF;@CAF_AG_AudioPatch;@r3f_armes;@r3f_uniformes;@ASDG_Attachments;@DMweapons;@U100;@asdg_jrcompatibility_rh_m4-ianskys_scopes;@4gp;@CLF_Mods;@xla_fixedarsenal;@rpr_tgsd;@rhs_afrusaf;@pa_dissenters;@voodoo_pack;@sfp_aggressors;@STKR_BI;@Russian_army_ZARYA;@TPW_MODS;@thomson;@Blastcore-Tracers;@L_Twitch;@ryd_incognito;@t1_assets;@rhs_merge_ru;@cup;@CNP;@Max_POLICEMOD;@Irish_Insurgents;@EURUS_OPFOR;@sgw_ukraine;@RYD_HAL;@l_armfatigue;@das;@tsg;@marine_corps_ukraine;@iam_gurkha;@mef;@ASR_AI3;@1strb_units;@uscm;@srcw_mod;@crimean;@Mediterranean_Operations;@LoDr;@jsrs3;@chernaruswinter;@l_suppress;@dpcu_jctf;@ATA_XM25;@outfit_gear;@asdg_jr_rhs035;@hlcmods_jsrs;@tao_noclosuresounds" -command=7dd6ca8f31301541200b2d57b3f54c35PlaywithSIX "-mod=@cba_a3;@jsrs3;@va; @tpw_mods" -nosplash -nofilepatching

Thats what six updater shows. Which is all almost unchangeable as the first -mod command is automatic.:(

BUT this could have nothing to do with my situation, and could be a file thing. I'll keep looking inside PBOs and all that to see if its something else, but any help would be great! Looking through every single mod's pbo is very very time consuming and i have limited time. Most of these mods i need as im a bit of a modding person xP...plus most of them are already in use by Vas or such and it makes the game really enjoyable for me.

If anyone who reads this finds out something, let me know.

Where do we start...

1) Wrong place to post.

2) stop using SU - it's no longer supported and frankly any excuse that the interface is better - just isn't true anymore - It has no benefit unless you're building or maintaining custom repos.

2) Why are you running 180 mods at once ? That's just foolish and asking for trouble. Do you really have missions that use ALL of those resources at the same time ? Crazy. If that doesn't cause your machine to run like a dog I have no idea what would. Your screen must be full of script error messages constantly pinging as all the incompatible mods grate for your attention. I dread to think what your RPT's look like

You even have mods that do the same thing running i.e. A3MP & AiA_Tp ? Why ?

Build yourself a reasonable list of mods to play with in a new collection + JSRS3 - then come back to us if it doesn't work. (try and use PW6 - it really isn't so bad now, trust me I'm a long time fan of SU but finally moved over and it's been MUCH easier once I took the time to understand how PW6 works)

Sorry to sound harsh, but you must have realised you're the cause of your own issues here...

Edited by serjames

I near spit out my coffee when seeing

Which turns into this huge pile of.....text that looks like this...

Your modded to the max man.

That mod list really is pushing it...

First thing is do what SerJames is saying, he is one of the mod "gurus" in 3 Commando Brigade. You really are going to be getting some really bad conflicts and I would love to see the RPT file for that. If you don't need to run it, the general advice is don't run it. As mentioned before you have mods that are doing the same thing running, which I believe would give you either 2 versions of each map or cause problems in the long run concerning Keys if you were to join a server that runs them.

Get a stable list of mods, ones that you use all the time and throw the extras in as and when needed, there is no reason to use all of them at the same time.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Also, all I could think of when I saw that mod list was this:

Guru ? More like Addict I think.... neither anything to be proud of :/

Here I was thinking my 63 mods on my server was a bit nuts but, good god man! I just have to ask, did you just download everything for ArmA III from PlayWithSix's launcher?

Edited by Spartan0536