Sign in to follow this  
bolbies

Battle Royale Crashing

For whatever reason I crash every time I join a game of battle royale whenever I play with my friend from Europe (I'm in the US). It either happens right as I'm spawning in or a few minutes later, but almost guaranteed before I get in the plane. However, everything will play fine when I'm alone or with other friends from school. I've deleted everything in my missions cache, validated all the files, reintalled the game and addon, and deleted the dll files. We also tried switching from Skype to TeamSpeak to see if that was the problem but it didn't do anything. Nothing seems to fix it and there's no error that I can see in the rpt. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's an rpt where it crashed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70w9kh6zztjin42/arma3_2014-12-31_10-32-59.rpt?dl=0

Are you running -nologs starting parameter?

If so, remove it then get a new .rpt of the crash.

There is no info in this .rpt after the game boots up (so it could be crashing at any point and we can't see anything from the .rpt to help).

10:33:55 Strange convex component145 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
10:33:55 Strange convex component149 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView

* * * Mission loads here * * *

10:34:00 "BR MARKERS: Blue Zone Start Time: 27"
10:34:00 "BR MARKERS: Number of zones: 7"
10:34:01 Weather was forced to change
10:34:02 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
10:34:02 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
10:34:03 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0

* * * Crash happens here * * *

=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 8BC06E0F
graphics:  D3D11
resolution:  1920x1080x32
Addons:
 A3_Map_Altis_Scenes in a3\map_altis_scenes_f\
 A3_Data_F_Curator_Intel in a3\data_f_curator\intel\
 A3_Soft_F_Heli_MRAP_02 in a3\soft_f_heli\mrap_02\
 A3_Structures_F_Ind_Factory in a3\structures_f\ind\factory\
 A3_Structures_F_Ind_WavePowerPlant in a3\structures_f\ind\wavepowerplant\
 A3_Structures_F_Heli_Furniture in a3\structures_f_heli\furniture\

EDIT: I did spot this:

Fault address: 8BC06E0F 00:8BC06E0F Unknown module

You might want to google that for more info. Also, sry, noticed you had logs enabled. You should get rid of that -high parameter though as it does nothing useful.

Also, have you got some sort of integrated GFX card?

This is printed in the error log:

10:33:15 DX11 - Initializing DX11 engine.
10:33:15 DX11 - Using DXGI adapter 0 (detected in config).
10:33:15 DX11 - Using DXGI adapter 0.
10:33:15     - adapter description : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
10:33:15     - adapter vendor ID : 32902
10:33:15     - adapter device ID : 358
10:33:15     - adapter subsys ID : 89198632
10:33:15     - adapter revision  : 9
10:33:15     - dedicated video memory : 33554432
10:33:15     - dedicated system memory : 0
10:33:15     - shared system memory : 1845493760

And you have assigned 2047 VRAM to the game. Check and make sure you've got that much available.

EDIT 2:

I did some googling and if that is your graphics chip then it doesn't have enough VRAM for Arma (shares system RAM).

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2002808/intel-4000-gpu-64mbs-video-memory.html

Probably why you're crashing out if that's the case.

Edited by Das Attorney

I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and a GeForce GTX 675m although I always run it on the GTX one. The fault address changes every time and nothing ever really comes up for them when I google them. And I always thought if you put anything higher for the memory parameters it'll just cap at 2047?

System RAM is capped at 2047. VRAM you can set higher - see here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

It's for Arma 2 but still holds true - look under the "performance" header for the VRAM entry. I have mine set to 3900 (4 GB mem on card).

Not sure why your 675 isn't detected by Arma (or at least noted in the log) though.

Try setting the VRAM to about 500mb lower than the card limit (as it will still need to reserve some for desktop etc).

I couldn't find a def answer as to how much it has, some web pages I looked at said 1536, some 2048.

Also, disable "desktop composition" when Arma is running and that should save you a few more Mb

Join the server again and see if it's stable.

Assuming it's a 2Gb card then yes. Try it, it can't do any harm :)

Something like this as your param line:

-nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -maxMem=2047 -maxVram=1548 -nofilepatching -enableHT -mod=@PUBattleRoyale

You don't need to put the exThreads parameter in (unless you really want to) as it should auto detect how many core and type of CPU you have.

Hope that helps.

Alright we should be testing it soon. Like I said it only crashes when I play with him for some reason so I'll edit this post with an update on how it goes. But one thing I noticed in the config just now is that it picks the Intel card because it's "detected in the config" and sure enough the same adapter info is in there. The cfg file is set to read only because I know that the game will sometimes revert settings you changed to increase the FPS. Could that be the problem? How would I fix that?

If I had your laptop in front of me, I could probably fiddle about until I found it, but I can't really help over the internet.

Maybe someone else more knowledgeable here can help.

I did a bit of googling though and it doesn't seem like an uncommon problem. You might be able to disable the integrated card through your BIOS, but again , not too sure without seeing it.

Good luck and keep us posted how it works out for you.

We only played one game and I won! I know one game doesn't really tell much but I think it's working now. Thanks for the help Das Atoorney! I'll see if I can figure out how to switch it over to my Nvidia card.

Edited by bolbies

I tried disabling the integrated card but the the game only gets like 2 FPS and the rpt says it failed to detect the best GPU adapter. Any more ideas? Nothing's coming up on google.