Sign in to follow this  
DBlack

How do I install replacement/patch/config PBO's?

I've copied this post from @asr_ai3's thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173515-Asr-ai-3&p=2848855&viewfull=1#post2848855) in hopes for a quicker, and possibly more thorough response that covers more than that specific addon.

My question about that addon pertained to configs for ASR for RHS and CAF Aggressors which each had a PBO and a key in the rar. Here's my quoted post that includes general inquiries about knowledge of this process:

I've just started using mods (well, playing with them more than just letting play withSix handle a few here or there) and I've even began mission making and other editing to the point where I probably make 100's of Google searches a day.

I just did about twenty to forty searches but couldn't find an answer ANYWHERE so I'm finally logging in to the forums to ask what'll probably be the most noob and easiest to find answer. Here's my question:

How do I install the RHS and Aggressors configs?

A) Do I place the PBO's and keys in the @asr_ai3 folder?

B) Do I rename the configs (one or the other) to replace a file already in the @asr_ai3 folder?

C) Do I de-PBO the PBO's and merge them with a PBO existing in @asr_ai3 folder (I find this one unlikely because it came with keys and it seems like people would've came up with an easier solution to adding configs and replacement configs)?

D) Or do I create new folders such as @ASR_RHS and place the pbo and key in that folder?

One last thing: Can anyone help me in general with replacement configs, config additions, and patches where the content is a PBO? For example, consider that I download a weapon pack that comes with an optional @JSRS config. Where does this go?

I've found no documentation on how to do any of these things. Maybe I'm just new to mods or ARMA (started in ARMA 3 Alpha). I've done tons of Google searches (I'll feel like an idiot if I just didn't put in the right thing) but the information has been very vague such as users posting that they added the files (I'm not sure where they added them, how they added them, or if they meant replaced).

Please help! Over the past few weeks, I've dug deeper and deeper - trying to learn as much as possible about scripting, mods, and modding... it usually drives me insane if I can't find an answer but most of the time I'll find a solution or a work-around. This issue, for example, has given me a headache! I know it's a dumb question but I just want to get it right and know what to do in the future with this mod and others.

Thank you for any and all assistance!!!

[EDIT] Another example where I have no clue what I'm doing, trying to use "RDS CAF Aggressors Compatibility patch" (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27234). Now, this one is a little bit more clear with instructions but I wasn't sure if it was just auto-text that's in EVERY Armaholic mod page on how to install the mod. It seems like there'd be a difference between adding a compatibility patch, sound config pbo, replacement config PBO, etc.

Please help! :( I also apologize if I've overlooked any documentation, tutorials, or information that's out there.

I apologize if asking this question in two different locations is against forum rules. As I stated to begin with, I'm hoping to possibly get more general information that doesn't just pertain to that particular addon.