Sign in to follow this  
smashballs

Huge Bug: Zeus loadout lag

I say 'huge' because everyone I have ever played with had this issue, but sadly I have done research and found nothing about the topic. The bug is basically when a zeus enables too many loadouts for a team it causes permanent lag till you quit the server. The lag only begins when a player enters the overly varied loadout menu. I have no idea why this hasn't been patched yet because sometimes its just aweful, it caused me to quit 2 perfectly good zeus games today that had a zeus who had no idea about the issue. I didn't think much of it till now and I must know if Bohemia is going to fix this fairly extreme error with zeus?

I also experience this problem on the official zeus servers. Sometimes it works as it should.

But it happens relatively often that the fps drop on the loadout screen (like 4fps) and the respawn timer also is slowed down. Even after respawn the fps are stuck at 4fps. I never experienced this problem before but I think this started with Version 1.36 or 1.38.

Is there already a ticket for this issue or should I create one (a fast search did not yield anything).

I also experience this problem on the official zeus servers. Sometimes it works as it should.

But it happens relatively often that the fps drop on the loadout screen (like 4fps) and the respawn timer also is slowed down. Even after respawn the fps are stuck at 4fps. I never experienced this problem before but I think this started with Version 1.36 or 1.38.

Is there already a ticket for this issue or should I create one (a fast search did not yield anything).

I don't think I started one, and if the search brought up nothing, it is very likely that there isn't one, could you do us a favor and submit one? I would appreciate that.

I say 'huge' because everyone I have ever played with had this issue, but sadly I have done research and found nothing about the topic. The bug is basically when a zeus enables too many loadouts for a team it causes permanent lag till you quit the server. The lag only begins when a player enters the overly varied loadout menu. I have no idea why this hasn't been patched yet because sometimes its just aweful, it caused me to quit 2 perfectly good zeus games today that had a zeus who had no idea about the issue. I didn't think much of it till now and I must know if Bohemia is going to fix this fairly extreme error with zeus?

I can confirm this issue. Fps sometimes drop lower than 10. My guess would be that publishing those loadouts to all clients is to performance intensive.

I submitted the ticket. Since I don't know if I can post links the ticket id is 23091

I submitted the ticket. Since I don't know if I can post links the ticket id is 23091

Ticket

Here the link for the ticket, and never forget to vote up your own tickets.

Okay thanks for the tip. What is the purpose of upvoting your own tickets? :-D

More vote means more attention from other players. Why would you not upvote something you've suggested/reported.

The fix was mentioned in the dev-branch changelog but I don't see it mentioned in the spotrep of 1.42.

I did not try it yet but is this issue resolved in 1.42?

Probably not, but I believe 1.43 is just around the corner as well.

The issue should indeed be resolved in 1.42, it was just accidentally omitted in the change log. I'll add it there.