Sign in to follow this  
smacker909

map open at scenario start

Hey guys. I did some searches but so far haven't found anything useful.

I've been working on a sp mission for a while and thought I was about ready to publish when I realized when running from Single Player Scenario , as opposed to PREVIEW from the editor.. the MAP opens at the start of the mission, having to hit continue.

This is causing me some trouble, since I'm blacking the screen and opening a dialog for settings at the start. When hitting continue, the screen is black, but the dialog isn't showing :( ~ I don't remember having this problem in A2, but didn't do much with dialogs back then.

Is there a way to prevent the MAP showing at start of SP scenario? I have tried mapOpen false and forceMap false did not work.

Have some sort of waitUntil that gives it time to load up before showing the dialog:

waitUntil { time > 5 };

Thanks for replying JShock. I tried the following and still getting the problem. Does the INIT file get read before the MAP opens?

ranRebel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "functions\ranRebel.sqf";
generatePatrols = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "functions\generatePatrols.sqf";
randomMusic = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "functions\ranMusic.sqf";

settingsDone = false;

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];
0 fadeSound 0;

_track = [] call randomMusic;
playMusic _track;

_scriptCall = execVM "config.sqf";
waitUntil {scriptDone _scriptCall};

titleText ["Rebel Yell - Mission Generator","PLAIN DOWN",.8]; 

waitUntil { time > 5 }; 

null = [] execVM "scripts\settings_dialog.sqf";

waitUntil {settingsDone};

titleText ["Rebel forces are taking control of Altis. \n Help restore order!","PLAIN",.8]; 

sleep 6;

execVM "scripts\intel_hud.sqf";

execVM "scripts\missions\missions_dialog.sqf";

According to this page, the init.sqf is the last file initialized when a mission begins, I assume before you see the map open up. And the point of the waitUntil "x" time has passed before running it is to give time for the player to click continue on the map screen, then load in and get ready for the rest of the processes. So in light of that, put the waitUntil at the top of the init.sqf (and maybe extend it to 10 just in case), and see if that helps at all.

Thanks JShock, it's working now. For some reason, I had to completely exit ARMA3 to instantiate the changes I made in init.sqf. Just opening the mission again in the editor and re-exporting wasn't working. Anywho. Thanks again!

Thanks JShock, it's working now. For some reason, I had to completely exit ARMA3 to instantiate the changes I made in init.sqf. Just opening the mission again in the editor and re-exporting wasn't working. Anywho. Thanks again!

I may be stumbling across that same issue at times as well, or at least it seems so...

Thanks KK, that removed the map. I wish I had thought to search for briefing. :(