Sign in to follow this  
GDent

How can I make a template mission?

Simple sounding, but I tried to make a template with pre-placed units and modules that I use a lot. When I imported it to a different map, nothing seemed to show up. I was wondering if there's a way to do this more easily, or if anyone has their own method they can share.

When you save your mission, there is a new folder created in your Arma 3 Profile (My Documents). The folder name is related to the island where you created your mission; for example mymission.stratis... If you want to port your mission to a different island, you just have to rename the folder to mymission.islandname and then open it through the editor. Finally, you will see all your units but you will have to replace them again.

PS: Yeah i know my english s*cks.

Love ya (no homo)

when its only editor placed objects and items

then a merge is the way to go merge the template.mission in to your new.mission

keep in mind all playable units and player unit will be converted to regular AI

Yeah, the merge is exactly what I tried. It didn't work at all, no units or modules were in the merged mission. But I'll try renaming the folder to another island.

Open up your mission in editor and and hold down your left mouse button once you have highlighted all troops etc modules and press ctrl+c which copys them once you have done that start another editor for your new mission then press ctrl+v that will paste and place all them into new mission then just name your new mission etc good luck.

Edited by Jim Brown
left mouse button not right

keep in mind create templates per island

a template created on stratis will have other positions when merged on altis

yeah, that was my second solution. I'd just have to create templates per island, which is a pain but it might work. I'll try different solutions in here, thanks. Copy+pasting sounds easy.