Sign in to follow this  
rwake345

CSE Mod with Altis Life

Hey all,

I have used CSE and the medical system inside of it for MilSim in the past. (http://csemod.com/)

I was just curious if its possible to have the medical system work without all players running it. Like... can I make it so just EMS use it to make the job of being an EMS more challenging?

I know its possible to make some mods optional. Like TFAR, JSRS, BlastCore, NSS, CBA.

I feel like it probably isn't possible because the nature of the mod, I'd just like to know for sure if it is or isn't because I have tried it before to no avail.

This question is probably better placed in the CSE Mod thread, but I don't believe the features of this mod can be placed clientside, it has to be enabled via modules in the mission, so every player would need the mod to play the mission, now there might be a way through the modules to have it where only EMS can do anything medical, but the dependency is still there.

But as I said, better asked on the mod's thread.

See that's why I wasn't entirely sure, because there is also a server extension so you don't have to place the module on the map.

From the download page:

Server Extensions

Since Combat Space Enhancement version 0.5 it is possible to enable CSE modules server side. This is AddOn is only necessary server side.

Clients require the standard CSE release (version 0.5 or later) and have no need for this pbo. The server still also requires the standard CSE Version in addition to this.

Documentation can be found here.

The download comes with an empty userconfig file (enabledModules.hpp) and a sample (enabledModules_sample.hpp).

Install the userconfig folder in the root directory of your (server) Arma III installation. Modify the enabledModules.hpp file to contain the proper config entries. Examples can be found in the sample file or on the wiki page linked above.

So that's why I'm curious if its possible.

Since Combat Space Enhancement version 0.5 it is possible to enable CSE modules server side. This is AddOn is only necessary server side.

Clients require the standard CSE release (version 0.5 or later) and have no need for this pbo. The server still also requires the standard CSE Version in addition to this.

If I'm reading this correctly, the clients are still required to have the mod, just not the particular pbo regarding the modules is not required, but again, the CSE thread is probably the best place to get a proper answer.

The server extension removes any CSE dependency from the mission, so you can use it to allow players without CSE to join. Its how my community's missions are set up.

You still might run into trouble because your medics and their patients will need CSE in order for the medical system to work correctly. Players without CSE won't be able to receive treatment through CSE.

The server extension removes any CSE dependency from the mission, so you can use it to allow players without CSE to join. Its how my community's missions are set up.

You still might run into trouble because your medics and their patients will need CSE in order for the medical system to work correctly. Players without CSE won't be able to receive treatment through CSE.

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for the help though.