Sign in to follow this  
morinookuni

Help with mission editor plese

I am having some issues with the mission editor. I have researched researched and done more research but coming up empty handed. I am wanting to make a mission to play in single player where I can build fortifications around my base while having tanks and or helicopters doing sentry stuff. I want it to be more like the level "Manhattan" and I can not seem to get anything working, I am able to get into the construction menu but I have no options to build anything or any money. Can someone please point me to the right direction of learning how to script and tells how exactly everything works in detail for beginners please?

I did do some digging and I never came across any of the links you posted. Thank you for posting these, I will dig through them and see what I can come up with. I am familiar with how scripting works, I work mostly with Visual Basic though because I am in the field of cyber security and network admin but this type of scripting is just plain confusing me for some reason, probably trying to hard. Thank you again!!! :D

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

I looked through the links you had posted and I got the general idea of what folder directories to go to and everything but I only see the mission.sqm file, I have all hidden files viewable and to my understanding I am to make the other needed folders, is this correct?

First: This thread should be here: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?93-ARMA-2-amp-OA-MISSIONS-Editing-amp-Scripting

second: i found al theese by typing "arma 2 construction module" in google search

Third:

In your mission folder will be more files when you finish creating the mission.

Basic files that you need to create are:

init.sqf Most basic of basics all other scripts that you want to be initialized on mission start, have to be called from here. Also customization of modules like ACM or SOM are done here.

description.ext - specifies respawn for example, but also deals with lot of other important stuff. click it to see more.

briefing.sqf - all initiall diary records and main tasks.

Also all other scripts you want to run have to be in this folder.

note:

to create .sqf file, create notepad file and then save it as whatever.sqf by typing whatewer.sqf in "safe" dialogue and choosing "all files" in extensions menu.

Edited by Mirek