Sign in to follow this  
Brayden82006

editor to multiplayer

Well i got a MSO mission to base off to sort of mold my own and i figured out i can do it in the editor so i started making the airfield and certain parts of the things needed, it was all working until i put in a bay for tanks and MLRS's for the special forces to use, ever since then i put my new mission file into the pbo and launch it it loads the version i where i put the barriers only and is basic build and i can't figure out what i have done. i have taken the mission file out from the pbo and put it back into the files where i can use it in the editor and it loads it to the version i want. anyone able to help me?

I've run into something similar before; if you export an earlier version to multiplayer (making it a .pbo) and it still remains in your directory containing the same folder name as an editor mission, the engine reads one over the other when launching the mission. I had to delete the .pbo in the game directory (not documents directory) "MPMissions" before I could get my editor mission to launch right again.

My understanding is the engine reads the folder name when launching, and the editor mission and .pbo (internally) are sharing the same mission folder name. So in short, the issue is likely to be the .pbo mission folder and one of your editor mission folders sharing the same name.

Maybe rename the editor mission folder, or move the scripts to the new folder if saving under a different name in editor. I've done that before too when I wanted to keep the .pbo.

Edited by OpusFmSPol