Sign in to follow this  
six_ten

Map Lighting

Are all the 70 or so Lighting entries in map configs settings for the lighting at a particular time of day? How does that work? I want to create lighting appropriate to the location of my map.

Time of day and weather types I guess. I intend to try it out at the later stages of my Suomenlinna map as the current lighting won't cut it. I'm just gonna go brute force and replace every lighting entry with the first and see what happens :cool:

BadLuckBurt I hope you'll post your results here. What I really want is to change the sun and moon altitude and azimuth to match the results from the USNO calculator for a place in Virginia in 1776, well outside teh range of the stock lighting settings.

I believe it's the config output of the lighting/weather middle-ware BIS are using http://simul.co/truesky/ and

It may specify each particular moment in the 24hr lighting cycle, each entry represents 20 minutes I think. (1440/70=~20)

In your Island config you can define your UTM MapZone and lat/lontitude have you tried it?

search for "mapZone"

BadLuckBurt I hope you'll post your results here. What I really want is to change the sun and moon altitude and azimuth to match the results from the USNO calculator for a place in Virginia in 1776, well outside teh range of the stock lighting settings.

Most definitely will post my findings, if any :) Fogu is right though, changing the position of the sun is done through lat lng and UTM in the map config. I don't know if it's 100% accurate and I believe it only stretches back a certain time period (just like the years in the editor are limited). I do know that Bushlurker did it on his Antarctica map where it worked quite well.