Sign in to follow this  
Spitfire

Excellent voice-command software: shoot

Hi,

I'm a long-time Flashpoint fan, though been away for a while. Now that I finally bought Resistance I've fallen for the game once again smile.gif

Now, let's get to the topic of my post.

I came across some pretty nice piece of software. Recently a guy named Martin Traverso got tired of inaccurate commercial voice recognition software for games such as the Game Commander and decided to write a program of his own. He came up with Shoot, a great voice-command program that uses SAPI 5.1 -compliant speech recognition engine such as the one supplied with MS Office. First I began to use it with Falcon 4.0 to command wingmen and after seeing how well and accurately it worked I decided to try it with OFP. It works like a charm! Now I'm issuing all radio commands by microphone and it's fast and effective.

I've tried Game Commander, and to my surprise Shoot works a whole lot better and more effeciently than GC. And it's totally freeware. Visit Shoot's homepage at http://www.dynamicobjects.com/~martin/shoot/. If you have a decent microphone or headset I really recommend giving it a try.

I'm currently designing Shoot-templates for different games and I'll put them at http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/spitfire/shoot.htm.

I just uploaded a finished template for OFP's radio commands.

Being Victor Troska has never been this easy wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Sep. 22 2002,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this dude paying you?<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

Nah, I'm just so enthusiastic since there are still people who are beating the heck out of commercial software companies and making better programs instead, for free. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 22 2002,22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does it bog down at all?  confused.gif Gues ill have to try it and see...

tounge.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

It works great except for one occasional PPT (push-to-talk) button hanging which is apparently being fixed for v1.6. Since the program is so new version updates have come out several times per week. There's a discussion of Shoot going on at Falcon4 forum at frugalsworld.com.

Holly......You gotta download like, 80mb of stuff! sad.gif No thanks

knew it was to good to be true...

sad.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 22 2002,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Holly......You gotta download like, 80mb of stuff!  sad.gif  No thanks

knew it was to good to be true...

sad.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

Only if you don't have Office 2000 or XP installed as full version. It requires the SAPI speech engine which unfortunately is a big file if you don't have it already with Office. Shoot itself is small.

How do i know if i have it? I have ME.  mad.gif I have an Office thing, but i see no SAPI file.

confused.gif PEACE

I just tried it. Works very good. It uses the Microsoft Speech Engine for recognition and it is pretty good. Just make sure that you train it first.

There is no reason why this should be in OT.

Moving to General smile.gif