Sign in to follow this  
Kolmain

Custom Respawn Loadouts' Uniforms

I'm using BIS' respawn system and their loadout selection. I've define the loadouts, which work, except for the uniform! I've tried uniform and uniformClass, neither of which give me an error or a uniform! My player is out fighting in his undies :(

class rifleman_west{    displayName = "Rifleman"; 	// Exported from Arsenal by Kolmain	uniform = "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam";	backpack = "B_AssaultPack_mcamo";	weapons[] = {"arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F","hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put"};	magazines[] = {"SmokeShellBlue","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShellBlue","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};	items[] = {"FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit"};	linkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","H_HelmetB_light_snakeskin","","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};};

edit: misread original post...according to Arma 3 Respawn wiki it should be uniformClass

where do you have 'class rifleman_west' written? is it within the CfgRespawnInventory block in description.ext?

Edited by dr_strangepete

edit: misread original post...according to Arma 3 Respawn wiki it should be uniformClass

where do you have 'class rifleman_west' written? is it within the CfgRespawnInventory block in description.ext?

The class is in a .hpp file that is included in the description. It still doesnt work with uniformClass :(

Does it need to be first/last? That page you linked doesnt have any info on the actual class of respawn inventories?.... :confused:

Sorry, i forgot, the example is hidden in a 'spoiler' text within the "Menu Inventory" listing just below

do you mind sharing the parent classes of what you posted/have included via hpp (just the tree, not everything). I'll try to replicate locally.

silly question, you're not trying to apply a Blufor uniform to an opfor player? if so that might require forceAddUniform. I edited it out of my original answer, but i have limited respawn loadout experience, but i guess i'm gonna learn today :)

Edited by dr_strangepete
addl. question

https://github.com/kmain4/Hotfoot/blob/master/description.ext

Sorry, i forgot, the example is hidden in a 'spoiler' text within the "Menu Inventory" listing just below

do you mind sharing the parent classes of what you posted/have included via hpp (just the tree, not everything). I'll try to replicate locally.

silly question, you're not trying to apply a Blufor uniform to an opfor player? if so that might require forceAddUniform. I edited it out of my original answer, but i have limited respawn loadout experience, but i guess i'm gonna learn today :)

Its a west uniform on a west player.

The description.ext is https://github.com/kmain4/Hotfoot/blob/master/description.ext

And roles.hpp is https://github.com/kmain4/Hotfoot/blob/master/includes/roles.hpp

using entries copied from what you linked, i was able to reproduce what you said originally, except in my case, changing uniform to uniformClass did fix the problem, and the unit respawned with the kit and uniform you supplied. When you tested with 'uniformClass', is it possible you forgot to cleanly reload the mission before testing? i only mention it because i pulled the same thing a few times while testing :)

fyi, i am running A3 Stable branch. i'll gladly pack up what i have so you can test if it works properly on your end (maybe corrupt data?)

Edited by dr_strangepete
spelling

using entries copied from what you linked, i was able to reproduce what you said originally, except in my case, changing uniform to uniformClass did fix the problem, and the unit respawned with the kit and uniform you supplied. When you tested with 'uniformClass', is it possible you forgot to cleanly reload the mission before testing? i only mention it because i pulled the same thing a few times while testing :)

fyi, i am running A3 Stable branch. i'll gladly pack up what i have so you can test if it works properly on your end (maybe corrupt data?)

I'll double check. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I'll get back to you by tomorrow!

Yeah seems to be working now, thats odd. Thanks anyway! :o