Sign in to follow this  
ChrisB76

Combination of ALive, MCC4 and ASR AI?

Hey,

I am looking for a way to get the AI acting more realistic on our small scale coop games.

We are 5-10 Players on a dedicated Linux Server, mostly me as a live gamemaster.

I would like to build our Missions using the Editor with MCC and Zeus to save it.

In the game I am acting as Gamemaster and take control of AI as necessary.

For AI enhancement we use already ASR AI, but I would like to improve it even more (enemy commander etc.)

What would you use?

GAIA of MCC or Alive AI?

Is this even possible with a live ZEUS?

Thank you all!

Cheers,

Chris

EDIT: Oh I guess I posted it in the wrong place? Can this thread be moved to the discussion part?

Yeah, wrong place

But: you cannot control cached units from alive. Use GAIA and @Ares. But you can control units from alive with ZEUS and ARES.

MCC and ALiVE don't play brilliantly together if you are using Gaia as they both control Higher level (commander) waypoint allocation.

Not tried Hetman, but you could give it a go.

If you're really into GMing the whole event/mission ALiVE is probably not for you as we find ALiVE creates a completely fresh mission approach each time. i.e. no player know's quite what is going to happen next. But if you're in there Zeusing and MCCing with Gaia it's kinda redundant.

Also ALiVE is better for longer persistant battlefield / territory control scenarios, whereas ZEUS and MCC give you greater granular control as GM over a specific maneuver, Operation or Mission.

They're all brilliant, but different in what they create.

other options to consider might be the EOS script to populate areas which you can then enhance as GM. Or DAC, same story but with more intelligent placement and Ai response etc...

Hope that helps - :-)

Hey,

sorry for the delay...

Thank for this good intel :-)

I see two scenarios right now if I got you right:

1.) I am GMing all of the time, so I will try MCC (and / or DAC) with Zeus

2.) I am also playing as a Squadmember when we are not enough ppl, so I will give ALive a go and see what it does.

Thanks again, now I will have a look for some Sandbox missions.

Cheers,

Chris

ALiVE is not working on my dedicated linux server right now. I am trying to find and elimante the error tonight. Some day I will have a proper system running... :-)

Hetman Artificial Commander

Hetman War Stories.

works for me. It's flaws are Arma 3's flaws.