Sign in to follow this  
sunrrrise

ArmA3 gets interrupted by screensaver when flying helicopters.

Hi,

since DLC Helicopters I noticed funny bug but it is gets really annoying. Whenever I am flying new helis (with my Thrustmaster Warthog) ArmA3 gets interrupted by screensaver. It seems that joystick is no longer recognized as a "proper" controller like keyboard or mouse.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Edited by sunrrrise

I suffered from this last night, about 5m off the ground in a tight wooded lz the screen went black but sound continued and engine pitch changed as the collective was raised. I had to ctrl alt del to get to desktop at which point arma crashed, the screen was unresponsive to mouse inputs.

I am also using a warthog with advanced AFM but don't own the dlc, fortunately I was only on a single player helo practise mission :)

Possible but the drivers haven't been updated since Feburary '14, I have reinstalled windows since then so should have the latest; I will try updating them either way.

Windows 8.1? I ask because 8.1 seems to have controller problems with arma.

Windows 8.1? I ask because 8.1 seems to have controller problems with arma.

Ive actually heard a little of the same thing also. Do these joysticks run their own software in the backround? Maybe make arma and/or the joystick software run in compatibility mode?

I'm using windows 7 pro 64.

The warthog doesn't need specific software to run, it can be run plug and play in windows. The TARGET software can be used for programming the stick and writing macros but it isn't necessary to even have it installed (I don't presently).

Has any one come up with a solution? I have a thrustmaster t Flight Hotas x and also getting the srensaver kicking in