Sign in to follow this  
_angus_

annoying microphone echo on co-op missions

Hi guys,

My friend and I are not hardcore players, but enjoy a bit of co-operative play on our simple edited missions. Its all working very well for us, but the one minor nuisance is the echo problem that we have with our comms.

When we are in communication, I hear everything I say repeated about 2 seconds later.

We have both had a look at our settings but have not managed to find an answer.

I've included a link to some gameplay in the hope that one of you clever chaps might be able to diagnose what the problem is - apart from tactical ineptitude. :)

For identification purposes, this is recorded on my pc so my voice is the clearest one.

Speakers or headphones?

Speakers can and will feedback a loop.

You are using VOIP because there's a little microphone at the bottom left of your screen. If you also use Teamspeak to communicate with your friend you will get an "echo".

Speakers or headphones?

Speakers can and will feedback a loop.

We are just using headphones, no speakers.

We just use the internal ARMA comms, we don't have Teamspeak, I don't know about VoIP, its not anything I've installed. :-/

VOIP stands for voice over internet protocol and this is the standard ARMA thing you're using if nothing else is installed. This makes my guesswork meaningless. Hopefully someone else can help you better.

By the way, VOIP is also called VON (voice over net) just in case someone uses this abbreviation.

You and your mate should try PTT (Push To Talk). In the video, you're both transmitting constantly which can lead to bleeding/feedback loops.

We are just using headphones, no speakers.

We just use the internal ARMA comms, we don't have Teamspeak, I don't know about VoIP, its not anything I've installed. :-/

Ok, ingame comms also send on 'direct' --if you're standing close enough to eachother to hear direct, you'll hear both the radio and direct.

Ok, ingame comms also send on 'direct' --if you're standing close enough to eachother to hear direct, you'll hear both the radio and direct.

Okay, well we're having a go tonight, so we'll try these ideas out. PTT and perhaps using a different channel than Side.

Something I just noticed, at about 3.25 in the video when my friend starts exchanging fire at the T junction, you can clearly hear his shots being echoed in the same way as my voice. Does that suggest anything, being as how its an in-game effect rather than one of our voices - or is it just what you'd expect given the situation?

Okay, well we're having a go tonight, so we'll try these ideas out.

Hi guys, well we tried last night, and using Push to Talk cured the echo. Bit of a shame as we've got used to just talking as and when, and while probably not being that accurate from a military standpoint, it was very convenient when the action hotted up and your fingers were busy. :)

Anyway, many thanks for your help.