Sign in to follow this  
teddybear

Signal Lost

Here I am, after 4 hours of trying to find a way through this level.

I can't seem to even enter the village without being spotted.

On Youtube every video has a radio conversation with the guy on the radio, mine only says 'Kerry here, I read you' and after that there is silence.

Is this new?

If so, how the hell do I know where to go to? xD

Now I just pop the two guys looking at the water, and after that run back to the beach I came from, and from there, every direction is death.

Sounds like you've hit a bug and the conversation isn't playing. Are you sure you're on the latest version?

Basic instructions below

Basically the conversation will tell you to head north, there are two hills, one with a radio mast on top, don't head for that, head for the smaller one to the right of it. In the ruins there should be various bodies, some of them will have a map and you want to try and grab one and a weapon, then you can see more clearly what you're heading for. You'll find your objective in some old ruins on the hill.

Okay, that's what I understood from Youtube yes, but between the hill and me is this village (I guess that's the ruins you were talking about?)

In that village I get shot from everywhere, without even seeing the AI (even after using the mods that moderate the AI to a normal level, at least I think they work ^^)

But I'll have to keep trying then I guess.

How do I know if I'm on the latest version?

Steam downloads it automaticly right?

Wrong hill, in the first village there is a hill directly across from you that is very rocky and quite small. Beyond that there's more buildings and then bigger hills, you want one of the bigger ones. As for being killed, it's a tricky mission. My technique is to never bother shooting back unless you have to, when in doubt just bloody run and I seem to do alright (vanilla AI on veteran difficulty).

Steam should be downloading it automatically but just in case it isn't then the simplest way to check you've got the latest version is to go into the editor and check if the CH-67 Huron or Mi-290 Taru appear when you place down either a NATO or CSAT helicopter as they were only just released. (There is a proper way of checking but I've forgotten).

Spend a few minutes on lookout after you come up from the beach. You will start to notice a two man patrol which makes rounds, you can time it so that once they have passed you can slip in and scavenge some dead bodies for a map and rifle, grenades, FAK and so on. But I have never made it out of that town without taking them out (once you arm up). And then just run and get a hill between you and the city.

As for the soldiers regularly being dropped off from helicopters, wait until they have gone on their way. They are too many, unless you obtain a rifle with GL you do not stand a chance.

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless

It indeed was, I restarted the mission and now he does.

Still I get killed in every possible way lol, well actually im not lolling anymore..