Sign in to follow this  
sunrrrise

Enabling Arsenal presets in 2D editor

Hi,

we all know that 2D editor is the mighty tool. Also we all know that Arsenal is very handy to create presets for units.

What do you think about introducing Arsenal presets to 2D editor?

Hi,

we all know that 2D editor is the mighty tool. Also we all know that Arsenal is very handy to create presets for units.

What do you think about introducing Arsenal presets to 2D editor?

I'm sorry but it is not possible.

I'm sorry but it is not possible.

It saddens me a bit to see a dev just outright say its not possible.

Why not have a dropdown box in the unit editor menu under the script insert area that lets you select your own Virtual Arsenal presets that you have saved, then it can just copy in the saved data for you. Instead of having to copy/paste many individual units over to a notepad type program and back into ARMA. Its not like the data for the Virtual Arsenal units isnt saved somewhere on our computers for the editor to pull from.

there was a equipment tab. witch you could see during the beta livestream

This has been just for testing purposes using the old slotable inventory system form A2/OA, it actually didn't work well (read: it produced hell lot of errors in equipment) and ceased to work completely later on. It's not anything we keep for ourselves as it would be obviously available for modders to do something like that if the engine had the possibilities, it simply didn't work :icon_twisted: