Sign in to follow this  
Kerel1

Object builder crash when opening BIS P3d files

As the title says my Object Builder keeps crashing when I try to open .P3d files out of BIS own PBO files. The PBO files were extracted with Mikero's ExtractPBO tool and all other data seems to have come out of the extract just fine. Any thoughts on what to do or what I might be doing wrong? Opening my own P3d files does not pose any problem.

They are binarized and can not be reopened to prevent theft.

Thanks for the quick reply! Will try to use the Arma 2 sample models as references then :).

Hey guys. I am having the same trouble. I have tried opening other .p3d files and mine keeps on crashing too. Is that any .p3d file that is associated with A3 will not work? wether they are a BI or a community file? I was able to make an object, save, then reopen the file and it worked. I am just trying to get the program running.

I haven't yet tried an A2 file to see if that works. I am using the Object Builder from the Arma 3 Tools in Steam if that helps,

Cheers

Duck

You cannot open binarized p3d. You must get "Mlod" ones (unbinarized), such as sample models provided by BI.

You cannot open binarized p3d. You must get "Mlod" ones (unbinarized), such as sample models provided by BI.

do you know where these are available?

I'm having some trouble also with Object Builder, Here's the Log.....

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\FBX.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Plugin successfully loaded

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\gifload.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Invalid module. Missing link to InitPluginModule function (127)

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\jpgload.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Invalid module. Missing link to InitPluginModule function (127)

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\licenseMgr.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\MAT.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\ModelConfigEditor.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\pacload.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\Pal2Pac.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\UIDebugger.dll

03:02:01 - [FD0C](ExtViewer) External viewer init

Look like I'm missing a Link to...IntiPluginModule Function.

I've looked in all of the files and can't this...

Thanks