Sign in to follow this  
matt_gold

Crashing/Hanging on Splashscreen. Never happened before.

Hi

I've never had a problem with Arma3. I haven't played it for about a month, but I play the dev build and it auto updates through Steam.

Yesterday, I decided to play it and I found myself hanging on the splash screen, so long I had to ctrl-alt-del my way out. Now, about 1 out of 5 times it starts properly, but usually it hangs until I have to ctrl-alt-del.

I tried totally removing local files and re-downloading/re-installing, normal build not dev build, I have updated nvidia drivers, and my system runs other games fine. It has never in the past had this problem. This is totally new.

My system:

Win7 64bit

Mboard is P8P67-M-PRO

i7 2600K OC to 4Ghz

GTX590

I pasted my RPT file in pastebin

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/960674

hope that works.

Please help! I need my Arma3! I'm sorry I stopped playing for a whole month,

I won't betray it again!

I've made a bug report, including my RPT file and also my DxDiag file.

This is frustrating. I used memtest86 to check my memory for problems, and also used

HD Tune Pro (trial) to check my SSD for problem. Neither came up with anything.

I looked at my windows event viewer and I can see the crashes....this is cut and pasted from one of them:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.32.127.785, time stamp: 0x543e7ada

Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b96f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004a1f0

Faulting process id: 0x70c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cff14a10d8db8d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll

Report Id: 5961d4df-5d3d-11e4-a451-f46d048fa383

This really sucks. I don't know what else to try. I am thinking about wiping my SSD and re-installing windows and starting from there, re-installing all my software, making sure with each step that Arma3 still loads ok and runs ok. Jeez, this is a weekend worth of work I'm talking about.

Does anybody have any other ideas??

Review this thread for other things you can try http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182253-Arma-3-crash-to-desktop&p=2758198#post2758198

a friend on my steam friends list I've been helping for quite a while and we had tried everything, he hasn't played in 4 months since he bought it.

I think its his graphics card but we want to eliminate all other possibilities first, yesterday he got a reply from BIS stating something about his

antivirus being on while starting it, he turned it off, and still nothing still crashes within 5 -10min.

I also think its the most recent game update, as all faults you have listed there has to do with the game, so what i suggest is review the thread linked

and see if theres anything there that you can try, and if nothing works then you may just have to wait for the next update to see if BIS fixed anything,

watch the feedback tracker for crash reports and other threads about crashes and see where others are at, and if any discovers anything that works.

Hope that helps.

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll

While it might not be the answer, I would try updating any Visual C redist packages from Microsoft (I had this problem before.. not in Arma but an application @ work)

Check here and grab the links for your OS (64bit)

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2661358/en-us?sd=rss&spid=14019