Sign in to follow this  
Rovka

Controllers Unavailable (update 1.32 stable)

Hi all,

On my end my configurable controllers are disabled from functioning since update 1.32-stable came out.

I run Windows 8.1, 64-bit OS, and I've never seen something happen like this before with previous patches, at least as far as I can recall.

However, my controllers are just working fine, nothing broken, since they operate normally in other games.

But sadly for now not in A3. So the question remains; Can someone from BI please look into the matter? Thank you kindly.

*Edit:* I just re-checked Arma-3, and after several game-restarts my controllers showed up again.. I don't know what was happening there.

But incase it was switched-off, and switched back on or whatever, thanks!

Edited by Thani '82
problem resolved.

Actually the controllers disappearing is a known issue. Not common, but known. You can read more here. I'm glad you got it working, I'm flying without a stick for 3 months.

Well, the odd thing is, the controllers were working for a few minutes, before they disappeared, and stopped from functioning yet again..

But thanks for the link, I'll see what I can do through usage of the info there.. But honestly, according to my humble opinion; BI really should look into this.

If any of you BI devs read this, thanks for your time and consideration to solve this apperantly longstanding problem.

*edit*: Looks like this is more of an Microsoft related problem, having to do with Windows 8/8.1 itself..

Let's hope those Windows USB port energy-saving settings being un-ticked as stated on page 4 on the link 654wak654 gave do the trick...

Anyways, thanks to all, who solved it with their solutions given.

And in this case especially to 654wak654 for mentioning that link.. That mostly did the trick for me.

Edited by Thani '82
additional info

I'm using 64-bit W8.1 one too, actually upgraded from 8 to .1 because I thought it whould solve some ArmA related problems I had, but they got solved with BI updates and not the upgrade :P. I think someone mentioned somewhere in that thread we could just change USB settings from BIOS in some motherboards. Though I never tried it.

To be honest; I don't dare to try the BIOS-option for myself, afraid to f.u..b.a.r. something there... But I did got rid of Windows' ticked boxes that said to save power.. And sadly the problem remains.

Currently all works fine when I fire up Arma the first time. But if I go into the configuration menu in the middle of some gameplay, then yet again no controllers appear to be connected..

And I don't know it anymore.. But quite a saddening fact indeed, that not even the linked thread could help out.. :( Can someone of BI staff please look into the matter? Thank you!

Ð’Ñ‹ вообще за что такие деньги проÑите ? За пробаженную кривую игру ? Да вы поÑтавьте взвод Ñ 4-Ð¼Ñ ÐµÐ´Ð¸Ð½Ð¸Ñ†Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ техники и пуÑÑ‚ÑŒ проедут 200 метров Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ñадкой и выÑадкой, две машину не доедут, одна из них передавит вÑех бойцов, в итоге три вейпоинта они не пройдут. Ð Ñтационарные Ð¾Ñ€ÑƒÐ´Ð¸Ñ ? Техника их видит закиломметр, наверное пулемет на Ñтанке выдает работающий двигатель ? Или там иÑÐºÐ°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð¼Ð°Ð³Ð½Ð¸Ñ‚Ð½Ð¾Ð³Ð¾ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ñ Ð·ÐµÐ¼Ð»Ð¸ ? ЗаÑунте в жопу Ñебе вертолеты, Ð·ÐµÐ²Ñ Ð¸ карты, Ñто гавно, вы не можете Ñделать игру а еÑли вÑе ваши забагованые фичи убрать, то ни оÑтанетÑÑ Ð¾Ñ‚ игры не фига очередной контр Ñтрайк. Уроды ÑовÑем там о европидараÑилиÑÑŒ

Ð’Ñ‹ вообще за что такие деньги проÑите ? За пробаженную кривую игру ? Да вы поÑтавьте взвод Ñ 4-Ð¼Ñ ÐµÐ´Ð¸Ð½Ð¸Ñ†Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ техники и пуÑÑ‚ÑŒ проедут 200 метров Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ñадкой и выÑадкой, две машину не доедут, одна из них передавит вÑех бойцов, в итоге три вейпоинта они не пройдут. Ð Ñтационарные Ð¾Ñ€ÑƒÐ´Ð¸Ñ ? Техника их видит закиломметр, наверное пулемет на Ñтанке выдает работающий двигатель ? Или там иÑÐºÐ°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð¼Ð°Ð³Ð½Ð¸Ñ‚Ð½Ð¾Ð³Ð¾ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ñ Ð·ÐµÐ¼Ð»Ð¸ ? ЗаÑунте в жопу Ñебе вертолеты, Ð·ÐµÐ²Ñ Ð¸ карты, Ñто гавно, вы не можете Ñделать игру а еÑли вÑе ваши забагованые фичи убрать, то ни оÑтанетÑÑ Ð¾Ñ‚ игры не фига очередной контр Ñтрайк. Уроды ÑовÑем там о европидараÑилиÑÑŒ

:391::391::391::391: