Sign in to follow this  
wyattwic

Altis moon and its calculated location

I am trying to determine the dates and times of full moons and solar eclipses, however I am having a hard time determining what position in the real world Altis is being calculated from.

I attempted calculations from Lemnos, South Africa and Texas without much of any accuracy. Anyone know the answer to this one?

Well, should be Lemnos. 39°55′N 25°15′E

EDIT: Nvm, read the question wrong.

Edited by Llano

I think the moon calculation is not correct. I use a script that starts my missions with curent server time and date. If I'm correct full moon is all over the worl at the same time. But when in my mission is full moon it's not in the game (Or when the moon ingame is correct, the real moon is wrong :j:).

Winters, the moon is not visible globally on the same night, to the best of my knowledge as a farmer.

tryteyker, I am aware that they use a very good simulator to do just that, but I need to know the coordnates as to where Altis is based from. Lemnos does not have identical lunar patterns to Altis, despite the fact that it looks almost exactly like the real deal.

Athens is very close to Lemnos, this is the data I get - http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/greece/athens

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Here is something!!!

Altis is exactly half a cycle diffrent than Athens. I am working on finer calculations now.

"The geographic coordinates of Altis are 35°9'5.12''N 16°39'37.60''E."

From the loading screen. Try that maybe.

Those coordnates are similar to the original locations I have calculated for. In all calculations, the phases are inverted.

For example, if I calculate a full moon in real life, there is no moon in game.

If I calculate a new moon in real life, there is a perfect full moon in game.

For anyone who wants to calculate the moon, just remember that the phases are inverted.

Winters, the moon is not visible globally on the same night, to the best of my knowledge as a farmer.

Maybe th full moon is not at the same hour, but at the same day (24 hours). The next full moon in Athens is "7. Nov. 0:23". At this page you find exact full moon for other locations all over the world.

And when you enter a full moon date in the editor on Altis map there is definitely no full moon.

There would be a lot of chaos on earth when full moon in Berlin is today, Athens 3 days later and Washington 5 more days later (like Roland Emmerich#s 2012).

"Winters, the moon is not visible globally on the same night, to the best of my knowledge as a farmer."

Now how not?

An eclipse is not visible from the whole planet, that's true. But the night is the same, and the moon phase is the same.

The moonphases are off in ARMA, there is even a ticket about it, there was a kind long talk too, but I can't find it.

So - albeit you can get the Sun calculations right from the location of the island - you will need to handle Moon manually.

Thanks for the correction Zapat, for some reason I was thinking about angle of altitude and heading.

I may not have to do it manually, it is exactly a half off cycle, so to get full moons, I just need to calculate new moons. Problem solved.