Sign in to follow this  
h a w a i i a n

Mich Helmet Texture Help

hope this is the right forum, but I need help on figuring out how to have davegary's helmet re-textured to a more higher quality like the one above in this pic

davegary_s_mich_helm_by_dissizithawaii-d823x6h.jpg

I have permission to use his helmet and I really love this helmet and want to use it. I tried going into O2 via UV map and exported the layout to see if I can start there......fuuuuuck no, it comes out weird (actual size of both layouts)

uv_map_texture_error_by_dissizithawaii-d823zxf.jpg

I don't know what I'm doing, but I just want the texture to be nicely placed and a higher quality, that's all.

Edited by Hawaii_Based

Uv looks uneven, and the seam is pretty obvious with those mich helmets. I would advise making new uv map, tex

Yeah agreed ^ You would be best re'UVing that model. The way it was originally UV'd was quite specific and kind of limit's nice re-textures of it without going to that extra effort & time consuming level with the seams to get a result your happy with.

Is there a tutorial on how to do that? I'm afraid my skill is limited in that area.....

These for your ranger mod? If it has nothing to do with the MANW contest id be willing to help

Okay, so obviously as everyone knows there is some UV stretching going on within the helmet. Unfortunately I don't know much about O2's UV mapping, but if you can get your hands on 3ds max or something similar I can help. The only reason why I recommend 3ds is because there is a simple tool called "Relax", and this will allow the UV's to quit stretching. Also, another cool thing is when you mess with the UV's in a certain setting it doesn't manipulate the actual textures itself. I would take everyone else's advice and just re-UVmap the helmet. Lastly, does the helmet have a _nohq map on it? THat might also help a lot.

These for your ranger mod? If it has nothing to do with the MANW contest id be willing to help

Yes WarLord It's for my Ranger addon, definitely not for MANW. I would love your help, what kind of help are we talking about? I don't have 3ds max Installed but I do have the program but I don't want to take the time to learn it at the moment because knowing me I will indulge and stray off course of my Rangers mod. Just looking pretty much for someone to "do" it for me lol. Cunico my friend yes it has an normal map (nohq) but I don't know how to do what you're trying to explain....explaining that to me is like me learning Chinese.....so to speak lol appreciate all of your input.

So I have WarLord here offering to help, not sure how this will turn out but I'm really greatful for all of your input (all of you) so thanks for that.....will update my Rangers thread to see how things go.

Hey WarLord clean your mailbox bro, I can't PM you! lol....helmet looks great btw let's go with what you're doing.....and thank you!