Sign in to follow this  
boydee

Player locker system

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to lock and unlock ammo boxes to certain players to create a "locker" kind of ammo box.

I've had a play with triggers set to unlock objects when triggered but was hoping to have an interaction code or locked to a player ID.

Hmm, I tried to remove all box related actions (Rearm etc.):

for "_i" from 0 to 10 do {_box removeAction _i;};

...but that didn't work. Seems like some actions are sort of "static" since you can't remove all actions from the player as well.

I don't think you can do this without adding a custom crate array to the box.

EDIT: Well, again I have been disabused (see DreadedEntity's post below). But if interested for some reason:

_box = ["Box_NATO_Wps_F", getPosATL player, [], 0, "NONE"];
_box setVariable ["ammoBox", [["srifle_EBR_F", 3], ["20Rnd_762x51_Mag", 10], ["launch_NLAW_F", 1], ["NLAW_F", 2]]];
_box addAction ["Open box", tag_fnc_openAmmoBox, cursorTarget, "", 0, false, true, "", "_this distance _target < 3 && {player_is_allowed_condition}"];

tag_fnc_openAmmoBox would be a function to open a dialog to browse through the "ammoBox" array (the array added by setVariable). But that's another issue and I'm really not the guy for dialog creation and handling. I hope that helps though.

Best regards,

waltenberg aka Johnny

Edited by waltenberg

Create and update the crate's contents locally for each client instead of creating some wonky locker system =)

Edited by Iceman77

2 questions about this in 2 days, wow! I was trying to smash out some code yesterday to answer another thread about pretty much this exact topic, but apparently the event handler that I wanted to use is currently not working in stable releases and I should go to the dev branch (still haven't). But if you want to go to the dev branch here's the code I came up with (re-written to work with OBJECTS rather than sides).

/*
USAGE: _name = [P1, P2] execVM "script.sqf";
	P1: OBJECT - The container you want to lock.
	P2: OBJECT - The only player that can access the container.

*/

_obj = [_this, 0, objNull, [objNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_player = [_this, 1, objNull, [objNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;

_obj addEventHandler ["ContainerOpened",
{
_openedContainer = _this select 0;
_unit = _this select 1;

if (_player != _unit) then
{
	_unit action ["CancelAction", _unit];
	hint "You are not allowed to access this container";
};
}];

This code relies on the "_player" variable being passed to the event handler through the script, I'm not sure if it actually works that way. So this code might not work at all.

Cool thanks guys I haven't had a chance to test anything yet but I'll see how I go and let you know.

2 questions about this in 2 days, wow! I was trying to smash out some code yesterday to answer another thread about pretty much this exact topic, but apparently the event handler that I wanted to use is currently not working in stable releases and I should go to the dev branch (still haven't). But if you want to go to the dev branch here's the code I came up with (re-written to work with OBJECTS rather than sides).

/*
USAGE: _name = [P1, P2] execVM "script.sqf";
	P1: OBJECT - The container you want to lock.
	P2: OBJECT - The only player that can access the container.

*/

_obj = [_this, 0, objNull, [objNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_player = [_this, 1, objNull, [objNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;

_obj addEventHandler ["ContainerOpened",
{
_openedContainer = _this select 0;
_unit = _this select 1;

if (_player != _unit) then
{
	_unit action ["CancelAction", _unit];
	hint "You are not allowed to access this container";
};
}];

This code relies on the "_player" variable being passed to the event handler through the script, I'm not sure if it actually works that way. So this code might not work at all.

So I tired this yesterday and I may or may not be doing it right.

I have that code in a file lockers.sqf

Then I named the player "P1" and the corresponding ammo-box which has been cleared of all gear the name of "P2" and in the initialization field of the box

"this addAction ["Locker D-5", ""]; this allowDamage False; _name = [P1, P2] execVM "scripts\lockers.sqf";"

How ever as you said it may not work. I'm still very new to scripts as well so I maybe doing something wrong. Also the addaction is just to give It a name kind of thing.

Yeah I saw that when dead said that. I just wanted to test it and make sure if I was doing it right.