Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

AI Patrols with Guns Slung

Hi All,

I am using the following code to make the soldier walk with his gun on his back. However, when engaged, he drops to one knee and just stays there indefinitely. I just want him to patrol with his gun on his back until such time as he is engaged or he detects BluFor. Code as follows;

this setCombatMode "RED"; this disableAI "ANIM"; 0 = this spawn {waitUntil {time > 0}; _this switchMove "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl"};

Any ideas?

this setCombatMode "RED"; this disableAI "ANIM"; 0 = this spawn {waitUntil {time > 0}; _this switchMove "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl"};

replace it with
this setCombatMode "RED";this disableAI "ANIM";0 = this spawn { _this switchMove "AmovPercMwlkSnonWnonDfl";waitUntil {_this call BIS_fnc_enemyDetected};_this enableAI "ANIM";};

Beerkan, thank you for your suggestion. However, it does not seem to make a difference other than the fact the ai goes prone rather than on a knee. The other thing is that when yours or my code is in place, the AI will not follow waypoints. He just walks off with no regard to the WP????

Weird

Beerkan, thank you for your suggestion. However, it does not seem to make a difference other than the fact the ai goes prone rather than on a knee. The other thing is that when yours or my code is in place, the AI will not follow waypoints. He just walks off with no regard to the WP????

Weird

in my test the unit returned to the way points. But only after a while. He went prone because he was in combat mode. He will stay in combat mode until it's deemed safe. He will not return to your slung weapon animation.

Once you put him in this anim he will ignore the waypoints. That anim is frogmarch in one direction nothing else.

Hi,

I guess I was expecting the AI to behave in the normal manner, hold, relocate, hold, relocate and then return to WP. I do not wish him to return to gun slung after he is engaged. Normally they just hold, relocate etc.

T