Sign in to follow this  
SouthernSmoke

Visual Issue- Grass/Trees

Recently I've had an extremely distracting issue where grass and trees 'flicker' when moving. Normally, when you look around in game the grass becomes darker until you stop when working correctly. But now when I look around or move, instead of the grass changing into a darker, solid color it flickers constantly until I stop moving again. Even when the player is stationary the grass still flashes black when its moving in the wind.

If the point of view is directly above the player looking down the grass seems not to do this strange flashing even when the player is moving. By moving the point of view to a certain angle it sometimes seems to stop flashing only when looking from that exact spot. If you stand still in game and spin in a circle the grass should stay a solid darker shade while your moving. When I do this now, the grass will keep flashing instead of staying solid. Spinning a full circle can reveal a certain angle where the issue is gone and the grass doesn't keep flashing but only from that exact angle.

If the POV is not directly above the player looking straight down or at a certain angle that seems to work correctly, objects are always flashing when moving. Grass and trees are especially noticeable and certain buildings and fences are obviously flickering/flashing also.

Anyone have any ideas whats causing this? Problem with the game itself? My PC? I play Arma on an LCD tv with HDMI cord, could it be my tv? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are your Object and Terrain settings?

Ultra. This issue only started recently. Its been on Ultra for months without a problem.

Have this same issue with Arma 2 although seemingly not as bad. Spinning the player a full circle on Arma 2 the grass/trees will only flicker half the spin. The other half, the issue doesn't seem to occur. It seems to only happen when facing a certain direction in Arma 2. Run one direction it doesn't happen but if you turn around 180 and move it flickers again. Spin in a circle and half flickers and half doesn't.

I just came across the thread looking for some answers as I too am having this exact issue, And this thread seems to be the only one talking about it.

If anyone has some advice or suggestions on how to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it, I've tried reinstalling and a different cable and have come to no avail.

Thanks.

Have you tried setting the terrain and shadow distance on different settings? Do you have the same problem when you play in a windowed arma3?