Sign in to follow this  
twan

Tried to activate "Expansions", restarted, now OA will not start

Hello all

So after spending over a month downloading ArmA 2 and OA on and off again, I finally finished. I still have all my mods from before I had ArmA 2 installed on Steam and was playing with a retail copy.

Those mods were in my "C:/User name/Documents/ArmA 2", so I thought it'd be easy to play with them again, so I tried using the "Set launch options" in the Steam menu, and did the standard -mod=@cba_oa;@ace;", etc., but I would get this error message: "Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found".

So I removed the launch options and started it normally, then in the main menu in the game I went to the "Expansions" section, and saw all my mods that were in my documents folder there, so I enabled ACE and the CBAs to see if it would work, it told me to restart, so I did, but now I constantly get that error message and can't start OA like I used to.

However, I can run CO by using the "_runA2CO_" icon I found in my OA folder, and it works like that, but I don't see my mods in the "Expansions" list.

I read that to run CO all you had to do was install A2 and OA, run each one of them once, and from then on it would run CO, but it did not work like that. I even clicked "Play" in the Steam menu to get the options, but there was no option for CO, only "Play ArmA 2 OA". But I suppose it works with the runA2CO, so whatever, it doesn't seem right though.

So can anyone help me with running these mods through Steam? I never had any problems when I played it without Steam. I even went to the "playwith SIX" and it lists all my ACE modules as installed and up to date. What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help!

Oh, also, I performed the "Verify integrity of local cache" on A2 and OA, but it didn't fix it.

Edited by Twan

yeah it's a known bug in the steam code

follow this "setting up the game" process and you'll be fine, just put the mods into your arrowhead root directory (in format @mod/addons/...pbo)

then make the text files to run your mods, then run them using -par=... for the text file address.

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php/16-ArmA-2/430-Official-Patches/Page-4.html#3959

works perfectly.

Thanks for the help!

I followed the instructions about running a mission in the editor in ArmA 2 and then OA, but it still wouldn't give me the option of starting OA as CO, but it doesn't really matter because I just use the _runArmA2CO_ shortcut.

I put all the mod folders into my OA directory, and it started fine in vanilla configuration like before, but then I tried to activate the mods in the order described from the "Expansions" menu in game and it gives me the same userconfig error. I'll have to try again later

as you are running ACE, you need to put the file ace_clientside_config.hpp in the right place

go into arma 2 oa root folder, then make folder

userconfig

then make folder

ace

and in that folder place

ace_clientside_config.hpp

download an updated CBA too as cba_oa is old news. you want cba_CO

Great, works now, thanks a lot

That folder was causing all the trouble