Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Ka-50 hokum in ofp:r!

I know what can be in real...

What be in game ?? First pilon - On screen 80mm...and 30mm A242 of course...Second pilon - on screen....on screen....hm must be AT-16 - 6+6=12  biggrin.gif

Yeah... smile.gif

He he he

First flight of KA-50

27 juny 1982.....today 27 juny - 20 years !!!!! biggrin.gif

The real advantage of KA50 is not its weapons allthough it is a remakably stable gun platform.

Its real power is that it does not suffer from the stall problems of single lift rotor helicopters and hence has a much higher top speed than the apache or the Mi-28. Overall it is a much more manouverable helicopter than apache or the Mi-28 or even the Comanche. The only copter that aproches it for acrobatics is the lynx.

In terms of air superiority it wipes the floor with the apache longbow. It is a real pilots copter. smile.gif

I dunno about the KA-50... The only real problem I hear about it is that it relies upon a single pilot to do everything, which is an immense workload. Its hard enough to fly a helicopter with two people, but one flying and shooting? MADNESS!!! tounge.gif

Of course, the KA-52 has two pilots, which seriously lessens the workload. The KA-50 is one scary helicopter, but the KA-52 is even more so... sad.gif

-Edit-

There was a picture of it inagme but i think placebo dont want me to post them.

As much as i want this chopper to be in the game (along with a Havoc)

I refuse to believe anything until its 100% verified.

its just not worth getting excitied yet confused.gif

2 BIS

What the xxxx ? mad.gif

See window KA-50 on this picture

ka50_12.jpg

And in game

Hm...it's warezzz... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ June 26 2002,04:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Edit-

There was a picture of it inagme but i think placebo dont want me to post them.<span id='postcolor'>

Why, not the game 'll be released in 2 days...

come on post the pic please!!! ;-)

GREAT...

Nice pic...

Armed with:

1x - 2A42 30-mm cannon [250 HE-Frag + 250 AP]

2x - AT-16 VIKhR ATGM (6 each)

2x - 80-mm rockets (20 each)

COOL.. now we just need to know If it's a Ka-50 or a Ka-52..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LBGS_Stewart @ June 26 2002,08:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nm didnt realise it was a preview my bad.<span id='postcolor'>

You change the text huahua

Yea i did, kinda like one of thos say befor you speek things this time it was speeked befor i read, i thought that was a ingame photo from some one who already had a copy but not from a preview from a game place. so i made a little mistake

I m pretty sure it s the KA-50 and not the 52.

Seems like the resistance is occupying the mountains biggrin.gif

Hey, there's actually snow on those high mountains. Cool.

Cobra for Resistance, not bad smile.gif I can't really see the markings (grappy display at the office), but I have seen the new feature to drop weapons in vehicles tounge.gif

And about the KA-50, I guess it's single-seated and that's why there are the new key's to adjust aim (check the stringtable.csv and the configuration menu of MP-Test). I have noticed, that with this keys it was possible with current choppers to change the aim of the MG (however only with manual fire and a gunner boarded)

Even though that's a great helo, I wish they stick to some degree of realism so it will be only seen on some special occasion, like Gastowski capturing a prototype from test-flight center as proposed by somebody previously.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ June 27 2002,11:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cobra for Resistance, not bad  smile.gif  I can't really see the markings (grappy display at the office)<span id='postcolor'>

Circle with dark blue outer ring, inner white ring and red circle center.

That cobra looked like any other american cobra in OFP. Did'nt you notice the beginning of "United States Army" written on the tail fuselage? It's not a resistance helicopter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ June 27 2002,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That cobra looked like any other american cobra in OFP.  Did'nt you notice the beginning of "United States Army" written on the tail fuselage?  It's not a resistance helicopter.<span id='postcolor'>

Now that I scrolled the pic to the extreme right, yes, I see it now. So what's the marking? A fuel inlet?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ June 27 2002,11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That cobra looked like any other american cobra in OFP.  Did'nt you notice the beginning of "United States Army" written on the tail fuselage?  It's not a resistance helicopter.<span id='postcolor'>

It was donated to resistance ?

I m pretty sure they will get support in the resistance campaign later on from US.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ June 27 2002,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I m pretty sure they will get support in the resistance campaign later on from US.<span id='postcolor'>

You call this support?! wow.gif

barn1.jpg