firefly2442

Arma Connect (Android Application for Arma 3)

Just now, firefly2442 said:

Did you also install and run the two mods from the .7z?  Those are needed.  Arma 3 needs to be running with those mods in order to download the maps images.

yes. Only your two mods. all devices connected to same wi fi

Just now, sammael said:

yes. only two mods. all devices connected to same wi fi

Can you please post or PM me the contents of both the Arma2NET and Arma2NETConnect logs:

Users/userame/AppData/Local/Arma2NETConnect/logs/

Users/username/AppData/Local/Arma2NET/

This will help debug.

Hi,

First, I would like to thank you for your work on this mod. The idea of overcoming the barriers of a single platform is great.
The 2 mods are installed correctly, the app apparently runs on my phone. When starting a scenario in Arma 3 I did not get any response from the application, even using GPS, and the devices are connected in the same Wi-Fi network.

I had no problem with Windows Firewall.
The app stays on a "Downloading Maps" screen and there's nothing I can do.

Did I skip any steps? Is there any configuration related to the app?

Just tested this mod.
2 things I'd run into:

1) I had to run ARMA3 in 32bit. The 64bit ARMA3 appeared to have trouble locating fn_initAndroid.sqf, and the game would run at a glorious 1FPS after starting a map. Of course the android app wasn't able to connect either :P

2) BattleEye repeatedly blocked the  Arma2Net.dll file for the Arma2NET mod while running on 32bit. While blocked, the ARMA3 game would crash after starting a map.

Once I'd set ARMA3 to run in 32bit and disabled BattleEye, it worked great!

Map/GPS, Watch, Weather and Altimeter worked as expected on Stratis and Tanoa.

Phone is a Samsung S5 with Android version 5.0

PC OS is Windows 7, 64bit

Hope this helps.

Edited by Jimmy Baggs
Missed my OS details.
  • Like 2

Tried it and after deciding it wasn't what I needed, I deleted all of the files associated with the mod, off of my tablet, my PC, out of every folder. And now every time I spawn into the game as a playable character or spawn on my units server I have 1 fps. Can't fix it, for a little while it was saying my TFAR wasn't working but now it's not. Wasn't worth it at all to try the mod if this is the trouble you get after using it...