Sign in to follow this  
hiiii5

Better Little Bird Mod

BLM: Better Little Bird Mod

This mod was created to better establish the little birds as true aerial vehicles. In this mod you will find that all little birds now have countermeasures enabled on them for both designations. Both little birds have been balanced with different speeds to ensure that there is more of a reason to fly the unarmed variant than just one has guns and the other doesn't. With this, I have also changed the fuel consumption rates and fuel capacities very minutely to balance out the game a bit more. These replace the previous little birds and do not affect mods like AGM or other mods that rename the vehicles.

Max Speeds:

• Armed Little Bird - 265 km/h
  • Unarmed Little Bird - 310 km/h

If you are interested in downloading this here is the link: Dropbox.

I hope you enjoy and please leave any feedback if you have issues with the mod!

Wouldn't 6 fully loaded soldiers (over 100kg each) be waaay heavier than a rocket pod (+/- 200 kg), minigun with ammo (+/- 100 kg) and an avionics box(+/- 100 kg)?? So the speed and fuelconsumpion should be the other way arround I think. With that kind of loading, with the soldiers, I even think not only the consumption is higher but there is a limit to the fuel it can take aswell.

With 684kg of usefull load and a max fuel of 183 kg it leaves 500 kg for Pilot, co-pilot AND passengers. So it's pretty darn heavy when a Fireteam of soldier has boarded, compared to a Gunship variant.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Wouldn't 6 fully loaded soldiers (over 100kg each) be waaay heavier than a rocket pod (+/- 200 kg), minigun with ammo (+/- 100 kg) and an avionics box(+/- 100 kg)?? So the speed and fuelconsumpion should be the other way arround I think. With that kind of loading, with the soldiers, I even think not only the consumption is higher but there is a limit to the fuel it can take aswell.

With 684kg of usefull load and a max fuel of 183 kg it leaves 500 kg for Pilot, co-pilot AND passengers. So it's pretty darn heavy when a Fireteam of soldier has boarded, compared to a Gunship variant.

It interprets load weight through rotorLib I believe but some checking will definitely be in order. Most of it was created in a sense to balance the game and not so much of what people actually weigh but maybe some lowering will be in order, I have noticed that the armed one is too under-powered in comparison.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Do these fly with the RotorLib too?
Yes they do, it will also be updated in time with each planned Arma 3 update to keep all configs up to date until this mod becomes obsolete.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Nice :) any plans to tweak the Rates of Fire and dispersion on the helo miniguns?

I was thinking of upgrading the weapons to a higher caliber or maybe increasing impact size of the missiles due to its inability to properly dispatch light armored units in good manner like the Arma 2 little bird and even better, the real life comparison. Some tweaking will definitely be done with enough testing and with all releases the changelog can be seen by all when there is one :)

I was thinking of upgrading the weapons to a higher caliber or maybe increasing impact size of the missiles due to its inability to properly dispatch light armored units in good manner like the Arma 2 little bird and even better, the real life comparison. Some tweaking will definitely be done with enough testing and with all releases the changelog can be seen by all when there is one :)

Looking forward to it! A frustration I have with AGM is that they've done great work with the weapon systems but their home grown flight model has pretty much turned most helos tail rotors into table fans. I'd be well happy to use BLM to scratch that itch :cool:

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@blm.png

@ Roden;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Oh wow, I didn't realize this stuff just happened. I though that I would have to apply to have it added, sweet, thank you all! Also this mod won't really be updated and will be obsolete when a bigger mod that i'm working on comes out by the name of REN: Realism Extension Network.