Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

detailed blog about performance

hello,

we were told that a detailed blog about performance was supposed to come out.

any news on that ?

I think that they said that it's time consuming to update a blog about optimization , but obviously not time consuming to do updates to other blogs about AI etc.

Bad excuse that won't work even for a 5 year old.

I think that they said that it's time consuming to update a blog about optimization , but obviously not time consuming to do updates to other blogs about AI etc.

Bad excuse that won't work even for a 5 year old.

really ?? can you post the source ?

I try to find it but no guarantees.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS&p=2450039&viewfull=1#post2450039

either the work or the blog!!!

Something I found!

Also

the person who was supposed to write that blog is one of programmers who do key work on the engine be it optimizations, fixes or new stuff...

so either he works on blog about optimizations ... instead of more optimizations and thus there will be upoar about not well optimized game

or he works on optimizations for game ... instead of blog about optimizations and thus there will be complains about no blog ...

catch 22

Edited by Nikiforos

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS&p=2450039&viewfull=1#post2450039

Something I found!

Also

thanks.

also, i found your respone and you get a big agree from me.

A blog can be updated once in a week or every second week. The most important is that the community receives some kind of info regarding optimizations and about the progress.

I certainly understand that this guy must work instead of writing a blog , but I don't think that an update once every two weeks will harm his work.

we need informations how the progress is going and even if they are working on it.

Something I found!

Also

Wow, that was >1 year ago. It's hard to accept that with over a million sales in the intervening time period BIS couldn't find the cash to pay someone half an hour overtime to write a brief post indicating roughly how they intend to proceed on this issue (if at all) and roughly how long they expect it to take. It seems as though they don't actually intend to do whatever extensive modification of the engine would be required in order to permit more multithreading and so on. It would be nice if we could just get an honest answer on this one way or the other- if BIS does intend to seek performance gains, will this involve small incremental optimisations which will not ultimately involve allowing more multithreading, more extensive RAM usage, etc, or will the latter be pursued? I'm sure that this decision must have been made internally and it can't possibly take more than an hour for someone to indicate what the plan is here.

Wow, that was >1 year ago. It's hard to accept that with over a million sales in the intervening time period BIS couldn't find the cash to pay someone half an hour overtime to write a brief post indicating roughly how they intend to proceed on this issue (if at all) and roughly how long they expect it to take. It seems as though they don't actually intend to do whatever extensive modification of the engine would be required in order to permit more multithreading and so on. It would be nice if we could just get an honest answer on this one way or the other- if BIS does intend to seek performance gains, will this involve small incremental optimisations which will not ultimately involve allowing more multithreading, more extensive RAM usage, etc, or will the latter be pursued? I'm sure that this decision must have been made internally and it can't possibly take more than an hour for someone to indicate what the plan is here.

yeah. at least they can write a few sentences about these 2 things:

are they working on fixing the engine and how the progress is going IF they working on fixing the engine.

i mean for that they do not even have to create a detailed blog, they can write them here in this forum.

a few sentences about the 2 things doesnt take even 1 hour and community would be informed if they work on it and how the progress is going.

I don't do blogs.

Fix the game first THEN social media the results.

I don't do blogs.

Fix the game first THEN social media the results.

i agree with that, but they can tell us if they are working on it or not. for now, i heard nothing from the devs.

Yup, BI are getting so caught up in the constant blogging or tweeting or whatever, and catering to all the people that can't go without having 90000 social media pages for everything, honestly I would rather have suprise game fixes, as opposed to hearing about them tons of times, and it never happening