Sign in to follow this  
Maurdekye

Help with basic helicopter insertion / extraction

I've been having lots of trouble with my helicopter insertions and extractions, so I made a basic mission to try and test them out;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102121091/Simple_Mission_Test.VR.7z

It's going fairly well, but for some reason the insertion helicopter stays landed even after I get out of it. If anybody could give some help, I'd be grateful.

Nevermind, I fixed it by changing "!unit in heli1" to "!(unit in heli1)". It baffles me how poorly written the compiler must be for those two lines to be distinct, especially since "!alive unit" works perfectly fine on it's own. Also, the helicopter would skip the extraction landing if you put "(unit in heli)" instead of just "unit in heli". Why this happens I have no goddamn clue.

Why couldn't they have just used a proprietary scripting language, like lua or python? Or maybe even C# for fuck's sake?! I'm incredibly put off by the instability and indecisiveness of the language that was written for this game.

Edited by Maurdekye

I was just about to suggest using a transport unload waypoint onto an invis helipad, that works too.

The thing is, I want this to work for multiple people riding the same helicopter. I already made a post about this, but if you just do the normal transport unload without anything else then the helicopter will only kick out the team leader, and fly away with all the other units. I was hoping to adapt your method to an insertion so I could force the helicopter to stay put until all units have left.

Set your first waypoint to "Transport Unload" and put this in the ON ACT:

heli1 land "land";

Delete the 2nd waypoint and remove the "doStop heli1;" carryon. You don't need it.

Then in the last waypoint use this to get rid of heli1 and crew.

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew heli1)+[heli1];

That doesn't work for multiple units.
You didn't say you wanted multiple units... And your example mission only had 1 unit in heli1.!!!

However, this tested and working.

Set your drop point waypoint to type "MOVE" or "UNLOAD" (Setting it to "TRANSPORT UNLOAD" doesn't work!!)

Set the "ON ACT" to

heli1 land "land";{unassignvehicle _x; dogetout _x} foreach assignedcargo heli1;

If you want to remove heli1 on the last waypoint

Set the waypoint "ON ACT" to

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew heli1)+[heli1];

I did mention that I wanted it to work for multiple people before, in an earlier reply to this thread. Also, wouldn't this force the pilot and copilot out of the helicopter as well?

Thanks Beerkan, that sorted it.
You're welcome.

(There now, was that so hard?)

You're welcome.

(There now, was that so hard?)

lmao Beerkan, anyway

Also, wouldn't this force the pilot and copilot out of the helicopter as well?

No. The assignedCargo function only returns an array of units that are in the cargo of a vehicle, crew members will be left alone.

Here's the documentation for that.