Sign in to follow this  
RoyWheels

[COOP] Escape Roy

Escape Roy - An escape mission for up to 8 people.

8w1WlNu.jpg

I've been learning Arma scripting for a while now and have used my favourite co-op mission, Escape, as a platform for ideas and a basis for my understanding of the coding used in Arma. It's a mission with a long history and numerous people have contributed to its code base, from Arma 2 to Arma 3.

My version is based on the code created by Vormulac and NeoArmageddon. I've messed with a lot of features and tweaked the game play but the guts of the mission code should be credited to them and the coders before them. My mission would not exist without their work.

This mission is most definitely a work in progress but I'm releasing this for public use because I have a lot of fun playing it and guess others might as well.

In line with the License, I have recently added my code to github, seen as a fork from the NeoArmageddon's repo.

https://github.com/RoyWheels/Escape/tree/Escape-Roy/co10_Escape.Altis

I'll try and keep that updated with the freshest working version.

My aim in working on the mission, along with game play tweaks, was to make it entirely dynamic. All the Escape installations, surprises and game play are created on just about any map with only a very basic config needed to address the size, numbers of installations required and distance between installations. I've included configs for as many maps as I've been able to work with Arma 3 (29 maps so far ;) ) but will happily add on any maps people enjoy. I'm always keen to explore a new map.

Basic scenario

After being imprisoned in an unknown location you manage to overpower your captors and flee. You now need to call in an extraction team and find an escape from hostile territory. Communication centres will allow you to phone home for a pickup and ammo depots will give you some means to stay alive but you will have to keep moving to evade the enemy from finding your location.

Here are the new/changed features in Escape Roy:

• Automatic or manual configs for addons - RDS Arma 2 Civ Pack, WAP Mechs, CAF aggressors, East vs West and HLC weapons.
  • Two modes for adding automatic unit classes when CAF aggressors and/or East vs West are installed. At the moment CIVs are not affected at the moment unless RDS Civs is runnning. Pure mode will spawn only factions within the running addons whereas mixed mode (default) will mix in the addons with the original content from Arma 3. Guarded locations will still be the original OPFOR and IND sides but all ambient/village patrols will be mixed up. Squads you come across will be from a single faction. example- you might meet a group of four russians soldiers in a field and then come across a bunch of rebels in a village.
  • Helicopter Bases. The choppers will need some fuel.
  • Zeus/MCC dynamic object installations for Communication centres, ammo depots, the prison and road blocks.
  • Optional warning for Incoming Artillery. You still don't have much time to run but at least a warning prevents insta-death.
  • No aquatic patrols. They were adding too many certain death scenarios when used on the smaller islands. I may add them back in at some point.
  • Vehicles using grenade based weapons have been restricted. You'll still find them patrolling Communication centres!
  • A simpler surprise routine and more surprises. I heard a A-164 fell into enemy hands recently. Just a rumour?
  • All air based vehicles are spawned when needed so no airports are needed on the map.
  • Options for Karts (warning, realism killing Kart placement for those of us who like to drive Karts when escaping prison... )
  • Ammo depots do not always carry every weapon.
  • Random Civ boats on the shoreline to prevent players getting stranded.
  • Added a building gradient for dynamic installation placements. A steeper gradient will result in more unrealistic placements but will allow more varied locations on hilly maps.
  • Triggering the extraction will kick off a surprise or two.
  • The rescue choppers are easier to down by default (optional).Protect your rescuers or face a second extraction plan- Players have to travel to another part of the map and meet with a ground or water based rescue team.
  • Installations appear as unknown until you get close to them.
  • Swap clothing and uniforms.
  • Lives system for singleplayer. You will respawn in a random location on death. The number of lives can be changed with a parameter.

ChangeLog

26/09/14 - v4.37

• All units are frozen until a player leaves the prison
  • extraction choppers now fly off correctly
  • reduced player limit to 8 - Otherwise, with one chopper grounded, the game will not end. Moan at me if this is a problem. :p
  • Updated Tort weather script and removed ground fog

20/09/14 - v4.36

• Added a trigger to the prison area to prevent guards firing on players players before they leave.
  • Added maps from the AiA terrain pack although I can't get Sahrani to work at the moment (seperate arma 2 sahrani does work).
  • Removed uniform swap script as I suspect it was causing the vehicle name bug. I also worry about the addactions causing server slowdown over time.
  • Added a buffer zone around all maps which should prevent out of map prison/installation spawning.

16/09/14 - v4.34

• Fixed some more addon bugs.
  • Fixed weather parameter bugs.

15/09/14 - v4.33

• Addons can now be set to manual selection or automatic detection.
  • Updated tort weather system.

11/09/14 - v4.32

• Fallujah added.
  • Mechs and rds civs now automatically detected.
  • New parameter for more vulnerable rescue choppers.
  • Extraction choppers now return to the edge of the map where they were spawned.
  • You can now swap into uniforms or clothing found on corpses. This won't stop the enemy shooting at you.
  • Pure mode fixed.
  • New extraction events.
  • Chopper extraction now triggers alt extraction if one rescue chopper is down and there are more than 8 players.
  • Possibly fixed the hijack action not always working. Needs testing.

29/08/14 - v4.28

• There are now four different events that could occur once you trigger the extraction choppers.
  • infotext bug fixed.

27/08/14 - v4.27

• Toadie's HLC Weapons added with automatic detection of the packs you have installed. Ammo depots carry a random selection.
  • Further bug fixes. (infotext error at start when on a dedi server is a new one that I've just added. :rolleyes: It doesn't affect the game. I'll fix it in the next version.)

27/08/14 - v4.26

• JIP bug fixed.
  • Searchleader bug fixed.
  • Existing players no longer lose their maps when a new player joins (although this does mean you see a map on the briefing screen - I'd like to get rid of that again in a future version).
  • Pure and mixed modes for CAF and East vs West.
  • Three maps added to the config file.
  • Less chopper bases.
  • A few more empty boats around the shores.

23/08/14 - v4.24

• Unit classes are created depending on map location when the CAF aggressors addon is installed. At the moment this will replace and restrict a lot of the normal Arma 3 factions. CIVs are not affected at the moment unless RDS Civs is runnning. Also not tested on a dedicated server as we couldn't get CAF to run on the dedi. Discussion as to how this should work is welcome.
  • Join in progress player should now spawn near the group. Still testing this as the JIP player has been DOA on a few occasions. :rolleyes:
  • All players should now exit helicopters when rendered unconscious.

18/08/14 - v4.22

• Dynamic village patrols now integrated into the old marker based system, removing the need for additional scripts.
  • HMGs now spawned and removed at installations along with the infantry.
  • Map is now removed when respawning in single player game.
  • Slightly less military traffic.

14/08/14 - v4.20

• Installations markers on the map are now shown as unknown until players get closer to them. This is an idea to encourage more exploration.
  • Artillery warnings are now optional.
  • Optional single player limited respawn function. You will respawn in a random location if you have a life left.
  • Fixed comm centre vehicle spawn error.
  • Fixed players not being ejected from helicopters when they are destroyed.

Downloads

v4.37 for both stable and dev builds - https://www.dropbox.com/s/urxakntiurw9cyy/Escape_Roy_v4_37.zip?dl=0

Armaholic link (possibly a version behind but updated quickly) - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26557

License

This mission and all of it's content is released unter the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike Licence.

This license lets you remix, tweak, and build upon this work non-commercially, as long as you credit the author and license your new creations under the identical terms. Others can download and redistribute this work just like the by-nc-nd license, but you can also translate and make remixes based on this work. All new work based on this will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also be non-commercial in nature.

Edited by RoyWheels

Sweet! Thanks Roy for making a stable build version, will check it out when I play again, thanks for your efforts.

One question why add this?

Incoming Artillery on screen warning. You don't have much time to run but at least a warning prevents insta-death.

Isn't the point of the mission to escape and survive, that would mean at least to me that whatever you have on you is basically picked up, or salvaged rather from dead bodies, or ammo depots.

Personally when i played Escape Altis, not knowing mortar or Artillery was coming, and just hearing it was exciting, and scary, so you ran your ass off, if your playing with somebody then you can revive.

If i may make a suggestion have it as a parameter option one can set then something that is permanent in the mission.

last question, can this be ported to other maps?

The artillery warning is there to prevent those times when the first mortar hit results in a game over. It only gives you a few seconds to get away from the area and, imho, that heightens threat levels and excitement rather than reducing them. Having said that, I'm more than happy to make it optional.

last question, can this be ported to other maps?

Did I miss one out? :D

Edited by RoyWheels

Hey Roy back after playtesting, ya i seen you had ported it to many maps, i asked before i extracted the zip for the mission, lol

then when i extracted i was like Holy shite! :D

Mission was fun, I died about...5-6 times before I actually escaped, what a run!

but i made it all the way, I just completed the mission and wanted to hop on here and let you know how it was, I played on the Everon map.

by myself its tuff when your alone, you got to keep moving or forget it, i had artillery dropped on me twice luckily I ran before it landed.

Once i hacked the station, and was about to leave I had mortar rounds come in, but i was already up the hill by the time they landed, I yelled you missed!

One thing you need to add is the patrol boats for any water area unless you have them in there already but I didn't see any, otherwise I had real fun with it.

Another thing I'd like to request is support for other factions, like aggressors or middle east irregulars, mainly for those maps that it would be fitting on,

like Takistan, Zargabad, or Fallujah to name a few.

Other then that had no issues with the mission, performance was perfect, and play was a blast, thanks for this version,

whats your plans next for this?

That's great to hear Günter. I'm really glad you enjoyed the mission. :D

My immediate plans:

- Improve the dynamic village patrols. I've been looking into ways to get a system to work across a multitude of maps.

- I'm close to finishing a new idea for the map. A small change that might make for a change in the way a mission develops. Won't say more right now.

- Changes and additions to the installation buildings. I want to add different types of communication centres along with looking into ways to place installations in awkward places. It's all about the vectors.

- Anti-aircraft outposts.

- Improve the helicopter defences. They need an armoured unit at least.

- Fix a few minor bugs that keep popping up.

- Aquatic patrols may return but would always be optional.

- Get rid of this hangover.

Playing Escape on your own is a lot harsher than with other people. The revive system means a group can survive for longer. I'm wondering if a 'lives/respawn' system would work for single player. But lives would be useless for MP (or would it?) so it might only work with a version tailored specifically for single player use.

Great ideas would be interesting to see how its turned out and plays.

For a single player, which normally i have a friend but when hes not around, i think maybe have a limit, kinda of like the arcade idea back in the day, where

you have 3 lives and after the 3rd one the mission is over.

Respawn might be cool to keep playing it, but I like the idea of being scared of getting killed and thats it, so you approach everything

with caution making you constantly looking over your shoulder.

Surely someone else has played your new version, i'd like to hear their story here.

Got to try the mission now on some other maps, Everon was cool, and sometimes I had no idea where I was when i started even though i knew the map well.

14.8.14 - v4.20

New version up with a game play change that needs a bit of testing and possible tweaking.

On finding a map, players will see all the installations as unknown. Once they are in close range the marker will change to reflect the actual installation. The range is set to 300m at the moment. The idea of this is to promote more exploration of map areas and less planned 'go straight to an ammo depot' game play.

Here's what the map looks like when you first get it:

http://i.imgur.com/WUY4xhY.jpg (124 kB)

I've yet to give it a try in MP or on a dedicated server so any input as to how the marker system is working would be appreciated, especially the JIP part of it.

Since creating this version I've had a thought that the respawn in SP should also remove the players map. That way, you keep your equipment but have no idea where you are. ;)

Edited by RoyWheels

Awesome!

Great ideas!

One question, how do you set it up so that you can port it to other maps?, as you have alot of maps the mission is on, i've yet to look at it in the editor.

There's a world config file in the Islands folder that contains all the information needed. For instance, this is the data needed for Chernarus:

A3E_WorldSize = 15000;

A3E_MinObjDistance = 1000;

A3E_WorldName = "Chernarus";

A3E_ComCenterCount = 3;

A3E_AmmoDepotCount = 8;

A3E_FlyHeight = 120;

There's also a setting for snow chance but isn't working with the present weather system.

MinObjDistance is the minimum distance between installations, the count variables are obvious and the flyHeight is there as an attempt to stop any air vehicle from getting a bit too close to the trees. Of course, this being Arma, the pilots still tend to have occasional suicide tendencies. *sigh*

You won't find much in the editor. A few game logics and the players. Everything else has been transferred to scripts. My early attempts at scripting were inspired by Mr RUBE- http://non.sense.ch/shared/rube-wip/ . I love the combination of creative thinking and logical coding. As RUBE says in his readme, "only sissies use the graphical in game editor". :p (this is a joke, I think the in game editor is great compared to most games).

I'm going to look at my 'slightly crap' village patrol script next. Plan being to make it slightly less crap.

Hey Roy,

Great idea to set up a new thread for your branch of this classic mission. My team and I have enjoyed testing your mission on Altis and Chernarus and look forward to expanding our testing to new islands. Thanks for setting up a stable branch version as we have one standalone server machine running the free Steam Tools version of Arma 3 server which can only run main branch updates. I also like the idea of having to explore a bit to find ammo dumps and comms. We will test some more and come back with our findings.

Hope you have fun AstroRetro ;)

My friend has now set up a dedicated server so I can now test with all MP and SP scenarios. Yay.

Just tried it out in Cheranrus and it was running nicely although we both felt that there was more of everything spawning than when playing on a local server. It wasn't a problem but it just seemed busy... I'll have to look into it.

Hi Roy,

Interesting take on Escape, it is good to have different versions though I think I prefer the vanilla version myself (though don't take that as discouragement - it is just that my greatest experiences in Arma 2 and the new version in Arma 3 are playing the original version :) )

I just tried it out on Namalsk and it kept spawning everything roughly 30m above the ocean, and when I tried it on Chernarus there was no guard in your new-style prison? Without a guard I was unable to work out how you are supposed to get the initial weapon or two to escape? Also the patrolling guards did not recognise me as hostile when I went out and about. I was running the missions on my dedicated server. Also I noted that the Karts, Vehicles mod, Artillery Warning, NO Goggles/TWS are all set to default to "on" (I reckon all of those should default to "off" myself as they are quite big changes to Escape) with the difficulty set at Cadet.

Anyway good luck with the mission - I look forward to trying the elements of your new ideas that get added to NeoArmageddon's original Arma3 versions :)

How are people able to play IceBreakr's maps? I thought they all didn't work on ArmA3?

Hi Roy,

Interesting take on Escape, it is good to have different versions though I think I prefer the vanilla version myself (though don't take that as discouragement - it is just that my greatest experiences in Arma 2 and the new version in Arma 3 are playing the original version :) )

I just tried it out on Namalsk and it kept spawning everything roughly 30m above the ocean, and when I tried it on Chernarus there was no guard in your new-style prison? Without a guard I was unable to work out how you are supposed to get the initial weapon or two to escape? Also the patrolling guards did not recognise me as hostile when I went out and about. I was running the missions on my dedicated server. Also I noted that the Karts, Vehicles mod, Artillery Warning, NO Goggles/TWS are all set to default to "on" (I reckon all of those should default to "off" myself as they are quite big changes to Escape) with the difficulty set at Cadet.

Anyway good luck with the mission - I look forward to trying the elements of your new ideas that get added to NeoArmageddon's original Arma3 versions :)

The Namalsk issue sounds map related. It's a map I've not tried much so I'll take a look at the version I have and let you know if I have similar errors. I do remember there being a few different versions of it spread across the internet.

The new start, without the fainting guard, is from the main build of Escape. There's a smuggled bag lying on the ground (you have to sniff around for it if there's a fair bit of long grass) that contains pistols and ammo.

The guards not firing on you could be related to not having a weapon. I've seen the behaviour when testing but never in a game where we shoot the guards. Also, Arma ai. :rolleyes:

Being a bit lazy, the parameters are set to how I play Escape. I'll try and sort out a version with optionals set to off for future public release.

EDIT: I just played on Namalsk and everything was working fine. My version is v1.11, which also contains the campaign. I seem to also have a folder called 'leftover namalsk' which contains some pbo's I removed to get it working.

How are people able to play IceBreakr's maps? I thought they all didn't work on ArmA3?

Shhhhh, no, nothing works. I've heard a rumour that you might get them working if you also run other maps. Possibly sahraini, the A3MP and the RDS Islands fix. I doubt it though. Maybe.

I've been playing my Escape (v4.20) on a dedicated server over the last few days without problems. This is using Chernarus from the A3MP, along with the RDS addons. Performance was good and the only issue I have with it is the sheer amount going on. We'd get to a road to find a line of traffic, both civ and military- The armoured vehicles being none too happy to see us. Bang bang, you're dead.

The thing I find weird there is that I haven't touched the ambient traffic code so I can only guess as to why there would be a difference between local and dedi setups. And that guess would be that the dedicated server is working more efficiently at processing the scripts, compared to a computer running both the server and client together. Arma loves to delay scripts if given a chance. If anyone has a better explanation, I'm all ears.

Edited by RoyWheels

there was no guard in your new-style prison? Without a guard I was unable to work out how you are supposed to get the initial weapon or two to escape?

Also the patrolling guards did not recognise me as hostile when I went out and about.

No guard in this one, as Roy said theres an backpack with some weapons and ammo in it, its in the center of the prison where you initially start.

The guards patrolling the prison wont attack you unless you have a weapon.

================

Roy I played on Takistan map yesterday afternoon, was fun, I like the new option for respawn you have there for when your by yourself, one question is the

revive option still running when you play coop, I would think so?

Also I like how you have the markers setup now where they are question marks at first til you get within range of them, it makes the mission more dynamic

kinda of like real life unless you know forehand whats there.

Were you able to implement the patrol boats for those maps that have water for this latest version?

Wanted to also ask is it possible to change the faction of the enemy, i was thinking of something where you can set in the parameters which faction you wanted to play against, and use an addon accordingly, and then if one wanted to use a new faction then have a script or place where one can add the classnames for the units.

I know this might change the story a bit but you could just leave the csat guys in there as theres not many of them anyways.

Another idea is to have it where you can use a weapon pack of choice, with this, instead of removing all the vanilla weapons from the ammo boxes at the depots,

or whereever, just add to them, maybe like with the faction add a script or have an area where one can add the classnames of those weapons

one would like to use in the mission.

Your thoughts.

Edited by Günter Severloh

The Namalsk issue sounds map related. It's a map I've not tried much so I'll take a look at the version I have and let you know if I have similar errors. I do remember there being a few different versions of it spread across the internet.

The new start, without the fainting guard, is from the main build of Escape. There's a smuggled bag lying on the ground (you have to sniff around for it if there's a fair bit of long grass) that contains pistols and ammo.

The guards not firing on you could be related to not having a weapon. I've seen the behaviour when testing but never in a game where we shoot the guards. Also, Arma ai. :rolleyes:

Being a bit lazy, the parameters are set to how I play Escape. I'll try and sort out a version with optionals set to off for future public release.

EDIT: I just played on Namalsk and everything was working fine. My version is v1.11, which also contains the campaign. I seem to also have a folder called 'leftover namalsk' which contains some pbo's I removed to get it working.

Shhhhh, no, nothing works. I've heard a rumour that you might get them working if you also run other maps. Possibly sahraini, the A3MP and the RDS Islands fix. I doubt it though. Maybe.

I've been playing my Escape (v4.20) on a dedicated server over the last few days without problems. This is using Chernarus from the A3MP, along with the RDS addons. Performance was good and the only issue I have with it is the sheer amount going on. We'd get to a road to find a line of traffic, both civ and military- The armoured vehicles being none too happy to see us. Bang bang, you're dead.

The thing I find weird there is that I haven't touched the ambient traffic code so I can only guess as to why there would be a difference between local and dedi setups. And that guess would be that the dedicated server is working more efficiently at processing the scripts, compared to a computer running both the server and client together. Arma loves to delay scripts if given a chance. If anyone has a better explanation, I'm all ears.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I will have another crack at it :)

Either way it is cool to see development of Escape continuing. It is without question the best Arma mission of all time (IMHO) :)

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

It was on PlayWithSix as an additional map for A3MP. I kind of assumed Icebreakr put it there, but if he didn't I won't use it. I really want him to bring his maps to Arma 3 and don't want to dissuade him from doing so :)

I love Lingor. I know last time I heard he was waiting for a major bug to be fixed in the Arma 3 map tools that was preventing him from updating it.

No guard in this one, as Roy said theres an backpack with some weapons and ammo in it, its in the center of the prison where you initially start.

The guards patrolling the prison wont attack you unless you have a weapon.

================

Roy I played on Takistan map yesterday afternoon, was fun, I like the new option for respawn you have there for when your by yourself, one question is the

revive option still running when you play coop, I would think so?

Also I like how you have the markers setup now where they are question marks at first til you get within range of them, it makes the mission more dynamic

kinda of like real life unless you know forehand whats there.

Were you able to implement the patrol boats for those maps that have water for this latest version?

Wanted to also ask is it possible to change the faction of the enemy, i was thinking of something where you can set in the parameters which faction you wanted to play against, and use an addon accordingly, and then if one wanted to use a new faction then have a script or place where one can add the classnames for the units.

I know this might change the story a bit but you could just leave the csat guys in there as theres not many of them anyways.

Another idea is to have it where you can use a weapon pack of choice, with this, instead of removing all the vanilla weapons from the ammo boxes at the depots,

or whereever, just add to them, maybe like with the faction add a script or have an area where one can add the classnames of those weapons

one would like to use in the mission.

Your thoughts.

All good ideas. I need to have a chew on them and think about my priorities for when to do what.

The single player respawn option only kicks in when you play alone. 2 players or more and it's bypassed.

I've just sorted out the village patrols and tweaked a few other things. I'll just test it and the hopefully stick another release up.

Thanks for the latest update!

A question for you, the parameter AI spawn distance I think its worded is what determines how far enemy AI spawn near you correct?

Another question, have you thought about the use of different factions from addons, and even different weapons, wondering if it would work like you have

it setup where its set in the parameter and the faction would spawn instead of current.

lastly is it possible you can make that surprise attack when you get to the rendezvous point optional, because everytime I get there it happens, i get 2 choppers fly over and 2 squads

of enemy get dropped on my position, the 1st time it happened I thought the 2 choppers were friendly and didn't bother to look up til i seen a ton of parachutes floating

down around me, after all that work of getting there i ended up getting killed by this, it breaks the mission.

One more thing I wanted to mention was I was playing on Sahrani, and the prison ended up being on Rahmadi, and the closest way to get off the island to the big

island was a chopper on its own island close to rahmadi, running around I seen a boat, i got in it and couldn't move, because it was to far up on the shore, can you look into that issue.

Thanks for the latest update!

A question for you, the parameter AI spawn distance I think its worded is what determines how far enemy AI spawn near you correct?

Yes, the larger the number the more server power you're going to need.

Another question, have you thought about the use of different factions from addons, and even different weapons, wondering if it would work like you have

it setup where its set in the parameter and the faction would spawn instead of current.

I've not really thought about that. Can you point out the factions you'd like to see?

I've wondered about uniform/clothing switching to allow a stealthy approach but I have a feeling that would just confuse the Arma ai.

lastly is it possible you can make that surprise attack when you get to the rendezvous point optional, because everytime I get there it happens, i get 2 choppers fly over and 2 squads

of enemy get dropped on my position, the 1st time it happened I thought the 2 choppers were friendly and didn't bother to look up til i seen a ton of parachutes floating

down around me, after all that work of getting there i ended up getting killed by this, it breaks the mission.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I'm going to have a think about the best way liven up the extraction as the big airdrop is quite a full on end. The big finale was really aimed at a group of players so it can be a bit hectic in SP. I'll probably add some alternate scenarios for the extraction trigger with the big airdrop being more unlikely.

One more thing I wanted to mention was I was playing on Sahrani, and the prison ended up being on Rahmadi, and the closest way to get off the island to the big

island was a chopper on its own island close to rahmadi, running around I seen a boat, i got in it and couldn't move, because it was to far up on the shore, can you look into that issue.

Unlucky. The civ boats are placed a certain distance from the edge of the land. This means, on maps with long, shallow shores, that they do occasionally spawn grounded. I could add more boats? Or just more boats on certain maps using a variable in the config?

I've found a couple of big bugs that need fixing. I'll try and look into them today:

• Join in progress players are not spawned next to the other players.
  • Unconscious players can get trapped in crashed helicopters.

Can you point out the factions you'd like to see?

Sure. for options

Islamic State & Guerrilla Unit Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26548

Middle East Conflict mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25419

use this to change the civilians, this would be suited for eastern maps accordingly

as the above link as well

CAF Aggressors

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24441

China - People's Liberation Army Infantry

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19913

Russians

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18836

I could add more boats? Or just more boats on certain maps using a variable in the config?

Ya boats for certain maps that have water you would need to cross if you end up on the islands and need to get across.

I'd also like to see instead of vanilla weapons that the mission can use like a weapon's pack like this:

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

I agree it could use factions, but NATO sf weapon pack adds a ton of guns to the game, but IMO it's pretty low quality.

If you are gonna do that stuff, don't make it a requirement, maybe something as a parameter in mission start.

Obviously thats what the intent was to have the factions and weapons as parameters, like the existing parameters in the mission already.

Nato pack was just one suggestion i can think of atm, add some more suggestions if you dont mind.

Ok, I'll see what I can do with the factions. I have an idea for it... ;)

I totally agree that any addons should always be optional.

Awesome missions Roy, thanks. Just played a session on Bystrica with 4 players. It was pretty hard, even on the lowest difficulty. Enjoying playing on other maps as well. Will probably mod the mission a bit for some custom weapon pack use :)