Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

dev branch tools stuck at license screen

Just tried to start the development branch tools, gets stuck at the license agreement and I cant click anything, it just plays the windows DING sounds when I click the mouse.

why cant this piece of shit work for once? why is there even a license agreement? Do you really think anyone is going to voluntarily use this piece of shit set of tools for any other purpose than it being the only thing that gets assets into arma?

Did you run Arma3Tools from Steam after the update?

What's your operating system?

Is the license dialog displayed correctly (text and buttons)?

To bypass the issue, just run file assoc or Buldozer configurator, it will display the license dialog as it should work. (please, tell me if it solves your issue or not)

Tools Development Branch Changelog

This changelog is not complete, nor confirmed to be working as advertised. Again, Development branch does not pass internal QA before publication. Stick with main branch if you do not want to deal with the (big) potential issues and frequent data transfers.

Regarding your issue itself, it seems to be random and for now, the causes are not determined, so, I'm not able to reproduce it to see what's going on here.

After shift-tabbing a few times I was able to use an (invisible) cursor to mark the text and scroll down, then the button was clickable.

The operating system is Windows 7. The text and the buttons displayed. I have no idea about programming windowsbut it appears As if the program switched to a different screen or frame that was not visible causing the input block which in windows is shown wit the DING sound.

I had the same issue when I ran tools from Steam after the last dev branch update: Win 7 64 bit, dialog showed correctly with text and button but couldn't interact with it. I think the cursor was showing in my case and I could scrolling over the license window, but I couldn't click or drag anything related to the license window and tabbing between Steam, Firefox and any other process I was running then back to the tools window didn't help.

I haphazardly stumbled upon the bypass you suggested in running the Buldozer Configurator from the .exe in my tools install directory (I was individually running all the tool .exe files direct from the directory to see which ones worked). Whereupon the license dialog screen showed up again, but this time I was able to click the appropriate button to accept it. Running the central Arma3Tools app through Steam like I was trying to do originally, now works and the license window hasn't reappeared.

Edited by da12thMonkey

I think I've found the cause but to be sure, am I right if I tell that your settings.ini were outdated?