Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

VON Skipping

I haven't played ArmA 3 in quite some time and I decided to fire it up today. I hopped into multiplayer and I'm finding that the VON of other players is skipping extremely bad. I hear about 1 second of transmission and then it skips. I was wondering if I needed to open up certain ports?

It has to be the game's antiquated netcode. I can't believe why this isn't the number one priority of BI. Or, is it they know it can't be fixed because of a game engine that is a decade old? BF4 has no issues with this at all, as well as many other games. It's the proverbial 800lbs gorilla in the room IMHO.

I've never had issues with VON in early versions of ArmA 3, any of the previous ArmA games, or OFP. This is an issue that's only recently started. I don't know if it's related to the Steam integration or not. I took a 6 month break from ArmA 3 and this is the only issue I've found that's really game breaking because communication is important.

Been like that for months and AFAIK hasn't even been mentioned that anyone is looking into it.

Next year perhaps.

The game is currently on hold fixing bugs and major game breaking things like VON to release new pointless modes like Zues and a new half baked flight model for the DLC. I used to but all the DLC and play regularily however since I cant play team play without firing up and external client then finding a server, right Voip client, registration and stuff seems so much effort for something that was fun but now a chore.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18733 <-- only 25 of the entire A3 playing public think its a problem, gotta laugh at the community for the priorities and flashy new lights syndrome...

Its the Arma 3 Server code that handles it Nicholas. Basically, it means there are a lot of people using the VON or the server just has some lag. It has been an issue that has popped up a while back and has yet to be addressed by Bohemia.

Its the Arma 3 Server code that handles it Nicholas. Basically, it means there are a lot of people using the VON or the server just has some lag. It has been an issue that has popped up a while back and has yet to be addressed by Bohemia.

Thanks for the information!

Another major patch rolls out and this still persists, game is turning into another run n gun with no comms as its putting off people using it and was one of the major draws to the game for me.

Awesome I see BIS have released 'Legacy' version of the game sue to the 1.26 breaking MP bugs, any chance you could provide us the version of the game where VON isnt broken ? Someone mentioned pre 1.22 ?

How's the rope thing going ? So any news on fixng the game and VON please ?

How's the new helicopters going for dlc ? Any news on the VON fix please ?

New patch, 1.2gb great, any news on this problem that is 5 months old now ?

Tried and /sigh still broken.

Serious problem. Believe it's a netcode thing. Dwarden did try a fix with no luck as yet.

Notice it doesn't effect everyone? On koth servers there's an option to turn off ambient sounds --wonder if ambient sounds are the culprit?

Is there a ticket for this to vote on?

Yeah thx ..., see it's asigned. --Dwarden, the netcode guy, knows it's an issue --guess we gotta wait.

Talking ingame today, seems 'Direct' chat is ok, people tell me it's side & global.

Anyone get studder on direct? Tho direct is tied to sfx sounds.