Sign in to follow this  
Czacha

What about...POLISH version

I sent few e-mails and PM's (on this forum) to BIS, but no one wants to tell me what about Polish version of Operation Flashpoint and Resistance EU version. Will OF:R work with PL version of OFP?

I don't believe that no one in BIS has no idea about this.. they made this game so they should know it! Or maybe they don't want tell me and other polish players, because if we buy EU version so we won't need to buy PL .. and they won't earn money in Poland -> Polish ditributor = Canega (IMGroup + BIS)

I don't know what should I think about this. If, i repeat, if Resistance works with Czech version (not sure about this), so it should works with PL... am I right, BIS?

We don't care about Polish HUD, menu, game text, etc. Please, tell - will OF:R (EU version) work with OFP PL? It's not so hard to say "yes" wink.gif ... or "no"..   confused.gif

But something tells me that we have to wait for Resistance till... september .. as always, Polish players are worst.... mad.gif   but not sure why   confused.gif

PS. ooops.. mistake in topic.. ;-) Should be "what"  biggrin.gif  Could some1 fix it?

Can somebody from BIS tell us, why WE, polish players, have to wait for prequel of Operation Flashpoint??

WHY? We are not worst, than anybody from UE, I can say more, we are the same people!

Prequel, sequel, expansion.. what's the difference? They don't care about us, that's all.

Few hours and still no reply from anyone about OF:R and OF PL..

I saw few users form BIS in "Resistance" forum, but it looks like they don't read every post.. confused.gif

They treat us like worst players - we pay the same money, as every Flashpoint player, and what we recive? Game translated not in 100% (without soliders speech). sad.gif

well, you could always try and see, if all fails then take it back.

or,, import the original and the res addon. confused.gif(best idea i think.) confused.gif

You won't buy OFp:R in English nowhere in Poland. And if I buy this "addon", for example in England, and it won't work, what I have to do? Go back to London, and try to recive back my money? No...

Why can't BIS make OFp:R which can work with Polish version of OFp, and sell it in Poland? And maby later, Cenega would made patch, wich will translate this game into Polish?

Great idea.. In Poland OFP costs about $15.. Resistance will costs the same... But if I want to import Resistance I have to pay $45-50... yeah... cool.. I think I'll buy two copies.. why not confused.giftounge.gif

yes, well its your decision, frankly i dont care anymore (same as BIS i think.)

anyway, think of those poor afghans biggrin.gif they will never see this game tounge.gif and they dont complain,, and what about the russians and the Hobo's in east asia (oh dear) biggrin.giftounge.gif they alsowill NEVER EVER get this game.

BUT THEY DONT COMPLAIN

SO, either Import or export yourself in a Brown paper bag to london, your choice. biggrin.gif

I got first answer from BIS:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

What i know for sure it works installed over czech version, but main problem is with copy protection. If polish version use same CP as international version, it will works. But if not it will be randomy crashing. Unfortunately i don`t know, what kind of protection is used on diferrent version. It depends at Codemasters or local distributors...

<span id='postcolor'>

So.. still not sure.. . confused.gif

Well , then your Gripe is with CODEMASTERS, not BIS.

phone codemasters, phoning always gets the best results. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ June 30 2002,14:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, well its your decision, frankly i dont care anymore (same as BIS i think.)

anyway, think of those poor afghans biggrin.gif  they will never see this game tounge.gif  and they dont complain,, and what about the russians and the Hobo's in east asia (oh dear)  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif  they alsowill NEVER EVER get this game.

BUT THEY DONT COMPLAIN

SO, either Import or export yourself in a Brown paper bag to london, your choice. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Very funny! Imagine, that you live in Poland, that you don'y have OFp:R. Imagine that we have it, and BIS says: We don't care.

So, you have to wait 2 months, to play in game, which you want to have for few months.

It's unfair!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lenin @ June 30 2002,14:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ June 30 2002,14:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, well its your decision, frankly i dont care anymore (same as BIS i think.)

anyway, think of those poor afghans biggrin.gif  they will never see this game tounge.gif  and they dont complain,, and what about the russians and the Hobo's in east asia (oh dear)  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif  they alsowill NEVER EVER get this game.

BUT THEY DONT COMPLAIN

SO, either Import or export yourself in a Brown paper bag to london, your choice. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Very funny! Imagine, that you live in Poland, that you don'y have OFp:R. Imagine that we have it, and BIS says: We don't care.

So, you have to wait 2 months, to play in game, which you want to have for few months.

It's unfair!<span id='postcolor'>

Well thats why we brits invented a word called "IMPORT".

Just import the damn games, otherwise, stop Bullying BIS.

CODEMASTERS are the ones responsible for this total screw up.

and as i said before, Export yourself to britain and be another imigrant in our society, and live for FREE. biggrin.giftounge.gifconfused.gif

(imigrants are treated like royalty in uk! sad.gif )

Sorry cpl_BOB, but we are waiting for any answer frob BIS, so please do not say (write wink.gif ) more!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Czacha @ June 30 2002,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But we've got own Pope  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

we dont need a pope,, we have a dope called tony blair!! biggrin.gif

I suggest you make a new Topic, with POLISH VERSION in the title.

you misspelled your topic title too. biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ June 30 2002,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I suggest you make a new Topic, with POLISH VERSION in the title.

you misspelled your topic title too. biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's why we have mods, no need for a new title smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 30 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ June 30 2002,14wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I suggest you make a new Topic, with POLISH VERSION in the title.

you misspelled your topic title too. biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's why we have mods<span id='postcolor'>

See? Moderators are good for something. tounge.gif

But seriously folks.................................

Technically, why did BIS have to make separate Polish versions? If it's just a language change, why wasn't this supported just like all the other languages? confused.gif

I had ICQ "chat" with someone from BIS. He told me, that polish and czech version are much cheaper than EU/US. He didn't know why, but it's a fact! Last year (september) cost of OFP was about $25 ... so it's almost a half of EU/US version price. That's the reason of diffrent languages. Perhaps it's all about taxes. When they translate game in Poland, they don't have to pay some import taxes 'cause they can sell it as a Polish (?) game ... But I'm not sure about this..

But still don't know why PL version is diffrent than EU version.. only protections, or something else?

Hmm... I have a litle bit stupid question. Will I buy english version of OFp and OFp:R in Czech or Germany?

In Geramny - yes. In Czech you can only buy czech version of OFP.

In Germany? Cool... I will go there smile.gif