Sign in to follow this  
Cunico

INDE uniform retexture

Yes, I have read multiple threads on retextures and yes I know how to do it. I'm just not sure how to build a faction called "NAVY" and have one soldier in there. I did a uniform retexture but not sure how to use the INDE uniform and convert that into the BLUFOR area. I never do retextures, but I'm trying to make them to match all the gear I'm making until I make Uniforms. If you can just make a simple config.cpp for me for one soldier on the blufor side, using the independent textures that would be awesome of you! If not, thanks anyways.

Managed to get the faction working for you. Simply edit the uniform class to your custom uniforms and change the names to what you want. You might need experiment with using the base class from Blufor and Indep with your custom uniform to see what works best. Hope this helps

enum {
 //  = 2,	// Error parsing: Empty enum name
DESTRUCTENGINE = 2,
DESTRUCTDEFAULT = 6,
DESTRUCTWRECK = 7,
DESTRUCTTREE = 3,
DESTRUCTTENT = 4,
STABILIZEDINAXISX = 1,
STABILIZEDINAXESXYZ = 4,
STABILIZEDINAXISY = 2,
STABILIZEDINAXESBOTH = 3,
DESTRUCTNO = 0,
STABILIZEDINAXESNONE = 0,
DESTRUCTMAN = 5,
DESTRUCTBUILDING = 1,
};
class CfgPatches {
class unit_config {
	units[] = {"Navy_Squadleader"}; //Add the units in here to make them work with Zeus
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR","A3_Characters_F","A3_Characters_F_INDEP"};
};
};
class CfgFactionClasses
{
class Navy_Faction
{
	displayName = "Navy";
	author = "Cunico";
	icon = "Directory to faction Icon"; // Needs to be 16x16 in resolution and it needs to be in the form of a PAA.
	priority = 2;
	side = 1; // Blufor
};
};
class CfgVehicleClasses
{
class Navy_units
{
	displayName = "Navy"; // Rename to what you want the sub group of the faction will be. You can have multiple subfactions (VehicleClasses) as long as the class name of the VehicleClass is different. Makes it work with zeus
};
};
class CfgVehicles {
class I_Soldier_base_F; 
       class Navy_Squadleader : I_Soldier_base_F {
	_generalMacro = "Navy_Squadleader"; 
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Squad Leader"; // In-game name of unit
	faction = Navy_faction; // Puts unit under new faction
	vehicleClass = "navy_units"; // Puts unit in the vehicleclass
	icon = "iconManLeader";
	side = 1; //Blufor
	nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";  
	uniformClass = "U_I_CombatUniform";  // Uniform Class. Can swap out for your custom uniform
	backpack = "B_AssaultPack_khk"; // Backpack Class
	linkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier3_rgr", "H_HelmetB_light", "NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"}; // Item's added to the unit. 
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier3_rgr", "H_HelmetB_light", "NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"}; // Item's added to the unit. Should be identical to the linkedItems section.
	weapons[] = {"arifle_MX_F","Binocular"}; // Weapons added to the unit.
	respawnweapons[] = {"arifle_MX_F","Binocular"}; // Weapons added to the unit. Should be identical to the weapons section
	magazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade",};
	Respawnmagazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade",};
	};
};

Edited by soldierman

Hey buddy, thanks a bunch for getting all this for me. You're awesome.