Sign in to follow this  
KoT_XyEpLeT

Arma 2 OA activate in Steam

Hello, two years ago I bought a key ARMA 2 OA, but does not activate it in Steam. Today I introduced the key on Steam account, but I was refused saying that my activation key is activated on another account. Can you help me?

Hi Welcome to Bis forums.

You will need to access that other account or you'll end up buying a new copy if you want it on steam.

Did you create a new account on steam and then try to activate the game?

Look at the questions here on steam and see if you can get access to your other account:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=75

Edited by Günter Severloh

Hi Welcome to Bis forums.

You will need to access that other account or you'll end up buying a new copy if you want it on steam.

Did you create a new account on steam and then try to activate the game?[/url]

I have access to the account of the store where I made the purchase. Is that what you mean? I can make a screenshot key in the message coming from the same seller.

No, I do not create a new account, I have my only account in steam registered back in 2012, I'm trying to activate the key in it.

I have already written to support Steam, I hope they will help me!

Here is a quote from another thread:

Did you buy your ArmA2 key from a CD Key reseller?

None of the CD Key/Serial resellers we know about have obtained a proper license. The origin of their CD Keys is unknown, but we do know about numerous occasions when they sell banned / disabled CD Keys so you will not be able to play the game online at all.

Please note that not only is buying CD Keys from these CD Key resellers risky and usually there’s no kind of guarantee, but also Bohemia Interactive is unlikely to get any royalty from these places for the sales. These CD Keys also in no way include a license to the game itself and CD Key resellers are expecting you to pay a considerable amount of money (you can often get similarly priced deals for the full game package) but they also do not provide any type of guarantee.

We can only recommend people buy the game online from respectable sources, like Steam, Sprocket, Direct2Drive, Impulse Driven or Metaboli , or of course a boxed DVD version.

If anyone wishes to ask a question about this information, or is unsure of the validity of a site they're about to purchase from please feel free to PM/Email me: Placebo@bistudio.com

I used my CD Key and played the game but I didn't activate it on Steam. So I'm trying to activate my CD Key and I can't do it!

Based on your OP, the message you get when you try to activate

saying that my activation key is activated on another account.

So it sounds like to me you have another steam account, or someone else is using that key already through steam, why I linked that page

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php?id=75

page has many questions that pertain to accounts you have if you have tow accounts then it should guide you on how to access that.

Dont know what else to tell you here, if you do indeed have another account according to the message you get then you need to locate the login for it.