Sign in to follow this  
=101AD=Richard

Return player

I have a range script Im trying to have to chat with one person that is on the firing range, I do not want to use all the players in the server because i will have multiple at once, So what I need is how can I find out the player that is within a trigger or marker set on the firing line so I can have it chat with that player. An no I dont just want him to start the script

In the condition field of the trigger place the below, and delete the "this" that is defaultly there:

player in thisList;

So then any hints/chat messages that you would like to display only show for the players that are currently in that trigger's return list value. Make sure to have the activation set to Anybody and repeat as well.

And then your OnAct field can have the call to the script, if you are using one, at which point the script should run locally for that/those player(s).

So I am having a script called by a object by the range master how can I have that script ask the trigger though who is in that trigger, I understand the player in thisList; but how would it tell that script.

Simple,

in the condition field of the trigger:

this && player in thislist

Will only trigger on the machine where the entering player is local.

This also means that you can call your script and simply refer to the player as player.