Sign in to follow this  
Aeriyn

Curator Spawned Units Locality Change

While trying to run a few mods (ASR and TPWCAS) with zeus on dedicated, I found out that since curator spawned units are local to the player's machine rather than on the server. After toying with a few ways of getting the mods to work, I found a workaround that involved spawning the units, then quickly leaving and joining again to force the server to take on the units. This had the unintended effect of giving me a lot of my FPS back as game master, and I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a reason that spawned units shouldn't just be immediately moved to the server. Can anyone correct me on this? My knowledge on these things is painfully limited. :confused:

By the way, if anyone happens to know of a script that moves the AI ownership to the server without my having to leave and join again, I'll be eternally grateful if you can point me to it! :) I've heard that the setowner command doesn't work, though.

While trying to run a few mods (ASR and TPWCAS) with zeus on dedicated, I found out that since curator spawned units are local to the player's machine rather than on the server. After toying with a few ways of getting the mods to work, I found a workaround that involved spawning the units, then quickly leaving and joining again to force the server to take on the units. This had the unintended effect of giving me a lot of my FPS back as game master, and I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a reason that spawned units shouldn't just be immediately moved to the server. Can anyone correct me on this? My knowledge on these things is painfully limited. :confused:

By the way, if anyone happens to know of a script that moves the AI ownership to the server without my having to leave and join again, I'll be eternally grateful if you can point me to it! :) I've heard that the setowner command doesn't work, though.

Try moving the unit to a AI controlled group which is local to server (ie a group present @mission start, placed with the editor), making sure the spawned AI doesn't take command. If I remember well that worked in A2 to change locality.

Try moving the unit to a AI controlled group which is local to server (ie a group present @mission start, placed with the editor), making sure the spawned AI doesn't take command. If I remember well that worked in A2 to change locality.

Thanks for the idea, I'll try that. It might be a slower when dealing with many groups of infantry, though.