Sign in to follow this  
ddcp

Hosting - Apple Airport Router (Port Forward)

Hi there!

So since the whole server switch, I've been unlucky to get my host up & working for my brother's and I. I am of course on a PC, but use an Apple Airport wireless router; I have Mac computers to access the router via the Airport Utility. I looked up a "how-to" for the port forwarding via this link: http://gigaom.com/2009/05/05/how-to-port-forwarding-on-a-airport-extreme-time-capsule/

I followed it & forwarded the UDP ports 2302-2305 (just like that), but still no luck.

Is there something I need to do re: my ip address? Or any tips & advice would be very much appreciated! I'm pretty confident diving into things like this, but honestly am new to port forwarding... I've read a few articles & links helpful people have posted, and using that link above I thought I got it... most likely I'm doing something wrong though!

Thanks again for any help... it's been a long while since we've been able to play MP!

Best,

DDCP

Just bumping this... anyone possibly know how to help me with this? The patch a bit ago quite simply cut out our online play...

Sorry to push this up, but it's just a tad bit frustrating when one of our staple online games just doesn't work anymore. Would love to get back on, and I've been trying really hard to figure out this port forward business... any help much appreciated!

Best,

DDCP

8766 and 27016

Hi, thanks for the reply... are these other ports I should forward?

Those are steam ports considering the Game Spy debacle I suggest you open those and wait an inordinate time for your server to appear the browser is much slower ATM.

Ah okay, thanks Dreek. I will try this asap and report back if that works! Crossing my fingers... :^)

i guess it didnt work? I have the same issue...

Hi sillyflip,

Unfortunately no, it hasn't worked. I've tried all the port forwarding tweaks, had my brothers do the same, etc. (been through the whole work of fixes)... still nothing! So frustrating... we haven't been able to play for some months now. I just wish there was a more intuitive fix (I know to some port forwarding is nothing, but given my trials here I think it's such an iffy round about way to fix this). I'll keep a look out for other solutions, but I guess in the meantime it's collecting "dust" in my steam library. :^(

Best,

DDCP

Hi .kju,

Yes, I've seen that and have tried that many times... of course I could be doing something wrong, but I'm pretty confident with opening UDP ports, etc., and still no joy. Thank you anyway though! I've definitely run the list of tweaks...

Best,

DDCP

Boy, still cannot host (nor my 2 brothers) for months now. We've tried the port fixes, but still no joy.

Anybody else find a workaround? It's killing us!

Best,

DDCP

Did you try a different router yet (borrow one from a friend for a day).

;2766104']Did you try a different router yet (borrow one from a friend for a day).

Hi .kju,

No not yet, but that was something I was thinking of looking into -- I don't have anyone nearby that would do that, but it was a thought...

I'll still tweak away in hopes. Thanks for the help / suggestions... I'll keep updating this thread if anyone else is having trouble still...

Hi there,

Anybody figure out how to open the UDP ports 2302 - 2305 via the Apple router? Still can't host a MP match since gamespy servers shut down.

If there is a really good FAQ or how-to for my brothers and I, we would super appreciate it. They don't know how to forward ports, so all the help would be great!

Thanks much,

DDCP